Asomugha - Joining AFC East?? Hope Not for Fins Sake!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asomugha - Joining AFC East?? Hope Not for Fins Sake!!

Seriously doubt the Jets could get him.

Be more worried about the Patriots, personally. Lots of ammo.

Wonder if Al Davis has someone he reeeeaally likes in this draft, doesn't think he can get him at #8. When he traded for Richard Seymour, Belichick asked for Davis' 2010 first round pick. Davis insisted on keeping this one, gave up the 2011 pick. Would have to be a senior, otherwise Al couldn't know the guy would be available in 2010 as opposed to 2011. Ndamukong Suh?

But don't you understand? Defense and a running game win championships. No need to worry about a bunch of corners that defend against the PASS!

In all seriousness though, IF we continued to have the same type of offense as last year, we'd match up ok against those pairs simply because we don't gun the ball at them enough for it to hurt us.

Well the number 1 defense and number 1 running game went home, and they were beat by the 32 running team and 18th defense. The 26th defense won the Superbowl.

as long as we keep Ginn so he can face Revis we should be ok i dont know what it is but Revis has a hard time with ginn when no one else does

Do you mean the
2 reception - 57 yard game...or
0 reception - 0 yard game in 2009

or the
2 reception-17 yard game...or
2 reception-71 yard game in 2008

or the
1 reception-15 yard game...or
3 reception-19 yard game in 2007

1.6 receptions per game average and
29.8 yards per game average OVER 3 SEASONS...

YOU MIGHT WANT TO RECONSIDER WHO IS HAVING THE HARD TIME

Do you mean the

or the

or the

What you mean the 1 td isn't dominating? :chuckle:

Do you mean the

or the

or the

57 yards is the most he gave up to any WR in 2009 half of ginns TDs have come against Revis. Yea ok Revis has done good against ginn which really doesnt say much but ginn is the only WR that we have that can go deep and run past Revis

Well the number 1 defense and number 1 running game went home, and they were beat by the 32 running team and 18th defense. The 26th defense won the Superbowl.

I guess the sarcasm in my post wasn't obvious.

Not going to happen. Another pathetic article from ESPN Insider taking a joke Aso made and running away with it.

I would be willing to pay him the 16 million. Its very rare for a shutdow CB like him to come along. If he goes to the Jets they will win the Super Bowl. There run D is already good and with 2 shutdown CB teams will not be able to throw on them. I would give up a 1st round pick for him. Then move Smith to S. Asomugha is better than Revis and Revis is a beast.

I thought I read awhile ago that, for whatever reasons Old Al has a long-standing hatred of the jest. Don't know if that's true, but if so, NE has 3 2nd rounders to play with and The Old Man has in the past, demonstrated a willingness to serve as Belicheat's minor league supplier. That worries me.

That is correct, Crazy Al has always held a grudge against the Jets. One of our older posters at TGG detailed it pretty well in our Aso thread earlier today:

Br4dw4y5ux said:
It basically comes down to the old rivalry between the Jets and Raiders in the AFL both on the field and off - which the Jets won conclusively on the field by beating the Raiders in the 1968 AFL Championship game and going on to make history against the Colts and which they won off the field when the NFL-AFL merger happened.

Sonny Werblin wanted the merger bad, and he would not let Al Davis - who did not want it - back out of the deal. Davis was the commissioner of the AFL and he never got over the fact that Werblin had more influence over the process once it got started and effectively cost Davis his leadership position in the AFL. The last straw was Werblin agreeing to the payments that the Jets would make to the Giants and the Raiders to the 49ers. Davis never felt he should have had to indemnify the 49ers on the way in to the NFL and he never forgave Werblin or the Jets for supporting that process.

Ok, so now fast forward a few years from there and who are the powerhouses in the AFC political arena? Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL before the merger), Don Shula in Miami (NFL in Baltimore before the merger), Cleveland Browns (NFL before the merger.) Al Davis went from the guy who made the AFL into a competitive league to an outsider in about 5 years flat and that was largely because of Sonny Werblin as he saw things.

He has hated this franchise ever since.
As much as I love the idea of Nnamdi and Revis on the same field in a Jets uniform, the amount in trade and in coin it would cost to get the guy to New York would be far too pricey, and a risk, having that much money tied into 2 players that could easily get injured.

Revis and a balanced defensive roster works fine for me.

schefter_adam_30-1.jpg
Adam Schefter

Nnamdi gets quite pricey
"What makes a potential trade for Oakland's Pro Bowl cornerback even more difficult is that, after his contract expires following the 2011 season, Asomugha's team is forbidden from franchising him -- or it must pay him the average of the top five quarterback salaries, which this year would be $16.4 million."​
If I'm reading this right, to put the franchise tag on Asomugha if his contract was up this year would be 82 million.

What kind of an owner would handcuff himself like that?

I guess Al isn't just your any old kind of run of the mill owner.

Back
Top Bottom