Assessment of the game, actually being there | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assessment of the game, actually being there

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First off, had a freaking blast! There were ALOT of Phin fans. The Bolt fans were cool, not a single bad thing said before or after the game by their fans. Kind of sad that this may be the last Chargers game in San Diego, with that being said....that stadium is a dump! I swear the tv in my livingroom is bigger than the big screens they use. It was built in 1967, great year for the Mustang....not so much for the stadium.

For the game, the only word I can come up with is pathetic. We came out flat and NEVER had intensity. I saw a team going through the motions. Maybe this has something to do with playing a hard fought Monday night game and on a short week and flying to the West coast. I don't know but it was bad. I think if Jones doesn't fumble his int back to the Chargers, things might have changed....but when that happened, we went even deeper in to a funk.

I had amazing seats, 50 yardline, Field level, on the 13th row. I was able to see a lot! The first thing is the O-Line is even worse than I thought, it was embarrassing. The other thing is the receivers get no separation 90% of the time. This is critical with the type of O we run and the weakness of the O-line. Tannehill got hit early and often. On one particular hit, it was ugly. He got blasted in the chest right when he was throwing and stayed down for several seconds. The one thing I did like seeing was one of the guys on defense who came out for special teams helped him up, gave him a bro hug and grabbed the back of his helmet to hold his head and told him something.....and then patted him on the shoulder. Whatever it was Tanne slapped him back and shook his head like as to say thanks.

On to Tannehill. Most on here know I have been a big supporter as I think most of the issues are tied to the O-line. The O-line played like crap once again, but Tanne missed several open receivers and I do not know WTF that Hail Mary pass was at the end of the first half that went sailing 15 yards out of bounds. He looked shell shocked. When they all out blitzed, on a few plays he was basically back pedaling in the fetal position never attempting to do anything but not get hurt. I have said it before and saw it posted on here earlier about the comparisons to David Carr. I am seeing that and it is sad. I see a QB who has been beaten down for going on 4 years and it may not be recoverable, like Carr never was. It is sad to see. Tannehill played like crap, but that is one tough SOB! I hope he can turn it around, but I myself am starting to wonder if it is too late.

The D is what I thought. Our LBs and corners are horrible. Suh is a beast but is getting doubled and chipped by a back consistently. Rivers is a hard dude to bring down, he strong like bull! Jones is a Pro Bowl caliber safety but you can't carry the ball like that after an INT. There is no passion on the D. They did come out in the 2nd half and play better, but I think got frustrated with the O and reverted back to crap.

Bottom line is this team has a couple of good players and ALOT of average to below average. SOme of our best players like Grimes and Wake are quickly being degraded by time. I hate to say this but we are NO WHERE close. We need to blow this thing up, bring in a LEGIT head coach and rebuild. Jeff Ireland screwed this team badly with his drafts and his FA fiasco his last year and the new regime has been unable to recover. We need a complete makeover badly!

Still had a blast and it was good to see Phin Nation representing all the way in Cali!....just wish we weren't such a bad team!

Great recap! Thanks for the feedback from the game. Pretty well matches up to what I saw on TV....although the separation of the receivers is an issue you can't see on TV. Someone else who was at the game mentioned that as well.

Glad you got to go! Congrats....

Tannehill was set up to fail the day the Dolphins drafted him and the damage is done. I don't think it's recoverable.

Regardless of that however, drafting another QB at this point would be stupid. The new QB would just be set up to fail as well. We need to put some pieces in place, fix the O-line, get a TE and establish an identity on offense, then maybe you can replace the QB. Defensively we suck on every level but everyone already knows that.

Jeff Ireland's 2013 effect was fully felt this year and it will be felt next year as well. 3 to 4 years needed to recover from the setup and failure he had.

On a positive note.....Parker looks like the Real Deal!

Very few positives from yesterday but Parker looked good...Jamil Douglas actually played much better this time at Center (the snaps were fine and he moved some people). I think that's all I got.

First off, had a freaking blast! There were ALOT of Phin fans. The Bolt fans were cool, not a single bad thing said before or after the game by their fans. Kind of sad that this may be the last Chargers game in San Diego, with that being said....that stadium is a dump! I swear the tv in my livingroom is bigger than the big screens they use. It was built in 1967, great year for the Mustang....not so much for the stadium.

For the game, the only word I can come up with is pathetic. We came out flat and NEVER had intensity. I saw a team going through the motions. Maybe this has something to do with playing a hard fought Monday night game and on a short week and flying to the West coast. I don't know but it was bad. I think if Jones doesn't fumble his int back to the Chargers, things might have changed....but when that happened, we went even deeper in to a funk.

I had amazing seats, 50 yardline, Field level, on the 13th row. I was able to see a lot! The first thing is the O-Line is even worse than I thought, it was embarrassing. The other thing is the receivers get no separation 90% of the time. This is critical with the type of O we run and the weakness of the O-line. Tannehill got hit early and often. On one particular hit, it was ugly. He got blasted in the chest right when he was throwing and stayed down for several seconds. The one thing I did like seeing was one of the guys on defense who came out for special teams helped him up, gave him a bro hug and grabbed the back of his helmet to hold his head and told him something.....and then patted him on the shoulder. Whatever it was Tanne slapped him back and shook his head like as to say thanks.

On to Tannehill. Most on here know I have been a big supporter as I think most of the issues are tied to the O-line. The O-line played like crap once again, but Tanne missed several open receivers and I do not know WTF that Hail Mary pass was at the end of the first half that went sailing 15 yards out of bounds. He looked shell shocked. When they all out blitzed, on a few plays he was basically back pedaling in the fetal position never attempting to do anything but not get hurt. I have said it before and saw it posted on here earlier about the comparisons to David Carr. I am seeing that and it is sad. I see a QB who has been beaten down for going on 4 years and it may not be recoverable, like Carr never was. It is sad to see. Tannehill played like crap, but that is one tough SOB! I hope he can turn it around, but I myself am starting to wonder if it is too late.

The D is what I thought. Our LBs and corners are horrible. Suh is a beast but is getting doubled and chipped by a back consistently. Rivers is a hard dude to bring down, he strong like bull! Jones is a Pro Bowl caliber safety but you can't carry the ball like that after an INT. There is no passion on the D. They did come out in the 2nd half and play better, but I think got frustrated with the O and reverted back to crap.

Bottom line is this team has a couple of good players and ALOT of average to below average. SOme of our best players like Grimes and Wake are quickly being degraded by time. I hate to say this but we are NO WHERE close. We need to blow this thing up, bring in a LEGIT head coach and rebuild. Jeff Ireland screwed this team badly with his drafts and his FA fiasco his last year and the new regime has been unable to recover. We need a complete makeover badly!

Still had a blast and it was good to see Phin Nation representing all the way in Cali!....just wish we weren't such a bad team!
I also was at the game yesterday took my 2 young grandson's for there first Dolphin game we did have a great time and there were totally blown away by all the Dolphin fans and so was I there were literally thousands, and thousands. Way to show up Dolphin fans. I was going to write about the game but no need now because I totally agree with everything that has been said. We had a blast, We had a lot of fun, cost me almost an arm and a leg but what the heck. All the charger fans around us were just great and really felt sorry for my grandson all decked out in there Dolphin attire and they did there hair in Dolphin colors which impressed many fans. Otherwise then Landry who just simply balls. there was nothing good about the Dolphins. Merry Christmas to all Dolphin Fans thru out the World.

...I was at the game yesterday too...OP, you're right on....Charger fans were great... I was tailgating with a whole bunch of them...and yes,I saw a boat load of Phin fans!!!...My buddy is a SD season ticket holder....I had a blast as well!!!....despite the outcome...

I was there Field level section 37 row 9 and you really nailed it. We saw the same things. That place would have been really fun if it was a good game because there were a lot of Dolphin fans there and the Charger fans are cool. I gotta say Tannehill looked like a bad. Like back up QB material. I don't know. It's going to be awhile before this team competes

I was there too. I thought it was the San Diego dolphins we were represented so deep. Me and my boy ended up sneaking into the club level at the 40 on the phins side. We had a great time with the fans on both side. It was a crap game though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom