Assets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assets

Hipster

Scout Team
Reaction score
Are there any guys currently on our roster that you see not making the team, but that we might be able to get a draft pick for?
It would be nice going into next year's draft with more than the standard picks, even if they are only (conditional) low round picks.
I was thinking Minor might garner a 5th rounder, but does anyone else come to mind?

I can't think of anyone that I would trade that would return a draft pick. The only ones I can think, for example Travis Minor, are more important to us for depth purposes this season, then a low draft pick for next season. Now if someone wants to give us a 6th or a 7th for one of our scrubs, then sure. But that wont happen unless you are dealing with Rick Spielman

Aromashadu (spelling?)....there are only so many receivers that Nick can go with...hopefully he will be on the practice squad if he doesn't make the final cuts.

massi20 said:
I can't think of anyone that I would trade that would return a draft pick. The only ones I can think, for example Travis Minor, are more important to us for depth purposes this season, then a low draft pick for next season. Now if someone wants to give us a 6th or a 7th for one of our scrubs, then sure. But that wont happen unless you are dealing with Rick Spielman

I think it's safe to say ol rick & MIN is on everyone's speed dial around the league.

yeah, that's who I'm asking about

I mean the players who will barely miss making the team, but might have some use to other teams depending on injury, suspensions etc...
There are some players who don't have a prayer of making the team, and the whole league knows this. If they wanted to grab one of these players, they would just wait until they were cut. However, every year there are other players who are good enough, that when a team loses a player during camp, they might give up a pick to fill the spot rather than risk losing them.
Getting a few extra 5th 6th and 7th rounders could be very useful in trading up or being able to take a chance on some unknowns

Back
Top Bottom