Assistant Coaches and Scouting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assistant Coaches and Scouting

Frank B

Starter
Reaction score
I think the assistant coaches on this team will have their work cut out for them in the offseason. Saban strikes me as the kind of coach that involves his assistants in the scouting of players in the offseason. Some organizations let their scouts do all of the evaluations, and then the coaches are stuck with players they've never seen and players they might deem uncoachable.

With significant holes to fill in the secondary, on the O-line, and at QB and at receiver, and with depth to build along the D-line, linebacker unit, and O-line, Saban is going to have to hit on a number of nuggets outside of the 1st round and in the bargain bin of free agency. The coaches are going to have to find players that they can mold into solid pros. I think it can be accomplished as long as Saban sticks to his college teaching mentality.

i think saban can accomplish this task as well. hes very motivating.my biggest desire is for him to keep hh in the dolphin organiation long as possible.

I would love to know how much the scouts will scout and how much of the heavy lifting Saban will do himself. When he was with the Browns he was the guy that BB sent all over the place to look at prospects. He has a pretty good reputation as a talent scout I beleive. Sure cant complain about his first draft.

Back
Top Bottom