Assuming Flynn gets signed by the Fins, who will the 1st pick be and FA signing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Flynn gets signed by the Fins, who will the 1st pick be and FA signing?

If Flynn is signed I hope we sign Nicks or another great OG in FA. We can move Incognito over to RG and try Jerry or Garner at RT or draft someone. I think Carey, Columbo (not sure what his contract is) and Bell will be gone. So in the first I can see us going TE, OLB or Safety would probably be my guess.

1a.Martin or Rieff 1b.kendall wright...he will make our offense one of the tops in the league..right now.he is that explosive and will open up another dimension to this offense

Seems like this is the best option for us every year but I'd trade down.. assemble a few picks, then with your first 3 picks address Right tackle, tight end and pass rusher in whatever order.

Draft Melvin ingram and sign Mario Manningham to be our #2. Both additions address positions of need and we do not need a RT due to the emergence of John Jerry. Re-signing Vernon should be fairly cheap and he played solid this year. If we sign Flynn, my guess is there will not be enough money to sign Nicks. If there is im on board though.

I like this.

Could you imagine Williams on one side and Wake on the other? Wow.

It'd be unreal but he'll most likely stay in Houston. We need a pass rusher opposite Wake badly though, it'd be great to get an athletic monster in the draft and find us a young beast like many other teams are doing.

Safetywise, I like Branch, Landry, Griffen in that order. But I highly doubt Branch will leave Oakland. I'd consider him at FS honestly.

Tackle is a huge question too, one of the biggest really. A playmaker would be nice, but honestly there is no way Desean is gonna leave Philly, but who knows maybe we can string together a dream team this year :)

I feel like the draft will all depend on who we do or don't sign in FA.

I am NOT assuming Flynn...a ton of competition for him.

This is something I had posted a few weeks ago... ambitious and very aggressive... but would make our offence dynamic overnight - I believe.

So...

Get Philbin!

It's about getting that top notch QB. We won't get Luck or RGIII unless we mortgage the next few years - but with that.. you can't really get him a lot of talent to work with... the other option.. getting the next young/hot free agent. In this case it appears to be Flynn... and no denying his performance at the end of the reg. season. Risky yes, but then again.. the college kids haven't played in the NFL.. he's been in it what 4 years now and behind the top QB at the moment.

So if thats the direction - you want him to be in the best possible position to excel, i.e. same scheme he's currently running [Get Philbin]... his confidence would be so high.. he knows the system.. able to direct and lead the other players. Best possible position for him to succeed. So, next step... surround him with talent.

OL we know has issues on the right side... my view is, sort this through FA with players that know the Pro game and can contribute right away at a high level.. Use the draft to sort out the playmakers... here's how

1. trade our 1st, 2013 3rd and Davone Bess [hear me out];for the 3rd overall [from whom ever team holds it at the time]; assumption is Colts take Luck and A N other team trades up into the 2nd to go RGIII... with our 3rd overall... Miami selects Justin Blackmon.

2nd Round pick - hoping he falls as the usual DL/OL/DB's start moving up the boards and WR's start moving down. Otherwise Trade 2nd and 3rd this year to move up into the 1st to get Alshon Jeffrey.

With this you have Marshall/Blackmon/Jeffrey - the So. Fl version of Jennings/Donald/Nelson.. and very much works to the strength of the Green Bay O scheme thus giving Flynn even more reason to have success.

Pick up a dynamic/freak type TE in the 2013 draft if need be - but the 2 we have at the moment Fasano/Clay are good enough I think as complimentary players and should increase their productivity in this offence with the attention paid to the outside.

Bess - well, what does he give that you wouldn't give up to get Jeffrey. He's at punt return to field the ball.. nothing else, so no dynamism brought to that role. Yes he is great at 3rd down.. but id give that up as the expectation would be that Blackmon/Jeffrey/Marshall plus Reggie as a slot guy [get another 3rd down back] will be an upgrade in this regard.

Use the rest of the draft to go after OLB's and RB's.

Dreaming? ...probably - but it would instantly change the whole dynamic of this team and as a result.. the dynamic of the rest of the division.

Thoughts?

Assuming Flynn is the Qb, I'd make a strong run at Nicks, a veteran RT, and Desean Jackson or the next best WR (the price will probably be too steep for Desean). Draft Upshaw or the best available pass rusher in the first, grab a dynamic TE or even trade back into the 1st if you have to in order to get that TE.

If there is a elite talent take him. Since no QB or OT fits the definition it's BPA all the way. DeCastro or TRichardson would be good picks, even better would be a trade down netting a few more picks.

if we get flynn, we either try to trade up and get blackmon, or trade down, draft the best te and get more picks, but we have to give him some weapons, the good thing now is this could be a mostly offensive draft, with a couple of defensive guys

I would only assume that yes he will try and go after Flynn. He can bring in a guy that has played in the system for a few years and when given a chance (I know it wasn't much but!) has played well. If Flynn is on board then I could see them going anywhere on offense except TE in RD 1. Floyd or Wright possibly out wide, personally a dynamic player in Wright opposite Marshall would be nice to see. Or they could go the old fashion route and take Reiff, Martin, or Decastro and sure up the o-line and protect Flynn. I think we have to wait and see what happens as far as resigning guys and who we go after in free agency. A big spalsh like Carl Nicks can change draft plans. Add Flynn and Nicks and then go grab Wright and the best TE in rd 2 (Fleener, Allen)
Love it.

Get Flynn and Carl Nicks.

Trade down and draft Mark Barron.

Or

Draft Upshaw at 9

im good with that. too soon to say though. DB's are looking good at that spot possibly. I think Upshaw would be nice fit in our 3-4 defense. still 3-4? too soon to tell.

its amazing to me that people ignore OL when it comes to the draft, particularly after watching this season/offseason. ay yi yi

Back
Top Bottom