Assuming Orton + Bush done... What's next??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Orton + Bush done... What's next???

GABO152

Practice Squad
Reaction score
However you feel about these two, they are Dolphins or are very close to being one.

Beyond that we have a few needs that need addressing; Pass Catching TE, RB, & pass rush depth.

Any one got any rumors/news? I cannot find anything anywhere.

Appreciate the feedback...:thanks:

Well when Jay Glazer broke the Reggie Bush trade he said that Ireland has been very aggressive behind the scenes and that he's keeping everything close to the vest. We signed OLB/ST ace Jason Trusnick.

I think you could see us go OLB, maybe ILB (depending on Edds's health), TE (some nice cheap pass catching TEs out there), MAYBE FS if there is somebody available that can get INTs. I've also heard we want another pass rusher.

appreciate it... I'm thinking along the same lines, just wondering if there is anything actually happening...

Tight end is the position we really need to target. I'm all for giving whomever our QB is as many weapons to work with as possible, and there are plenty of names out there way better than what we have.

:hclap:
Tight end is the position we really need to target. I'm all for giving whomever our QB is as many weapons to work with as possible, and there are plenty of names out there way better than what we have.

What's not a need:
WR - We have a great group going into this season. Let's develop and see what Gates does.
RB - Thomas and Bush will be a great combo. Bush also brings a kick returner to our team that we haven't had since....well, it's been a while.
OLine - We spent and drafted big money here. We should be fine.
DLine - Looking strong.
Cornerback - Smith and Davis should real good, maybe a backup for depth.

What is a HUGE need:
QB - We need a starter, please get Orton, who has nearly twice as many TDs and about Half the INTs that Henne has.
TE - We need a pass catching TE, see what New England did with their young talent.
SS/FS - Clemons and Bell are not getting any younger and we could use a real starter here. I think we missed the bus big time on Ryan Clark.

What would be nice to upgrade but isn't a huge need:
LB - I don't like Crowder. I haven't see him do anything recently besides talk trash. Being in a 3-4 defense, we need depth here.

What do y'all think of Bo Scaife? I don't know if he can block but he can get open and catch. I believe heis an ufa.

"RB - Thomas and Bush will be a great combo. Bush also brings a kick returner to our team that we haven't had since....well, it's been a while."

-I def think that we need a back to split with Thomas. I'm not totally comfortable with a rookie being handed the keys. Wouldn't mind to retain Ronnie, sign Michael Bush or J. Harrison.

"SS/FS - Clemons and Bell are not getting any younger and we could use a real starter here. I think we missed the bus big time on Ryan Clark."

- I'm a believer on given your own guys a chance to develop... Remember what happened when Wanny McStache tried to upgrade our top 5 defense?.... if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Besides that I agree on all other points.

He would be nice... the more I look into it the more viable options I see are available.

Would be disappointing if we come away empty handed... I like Fasano, but we need a nice compliment.

im happy with fasano, i think he is better than everyone gives him credit for. I would continue and try an strengthen our offense off line and make sure we have a offense that can put up points this year. Our defense i think is as good as its going to get for now, hopefully sean smith comes around and reshad jones wins the starting spot.

So am I, but you can't tell me a pass catching TE would not be a huge assist to whom ever becomes the QB.

im happy with fasano, i think he is better than everyone gives him credit for..................
I give him credit for the 6 TDs he has scored over the last two years. An average of 3 TDs per YEAR is not acceptable,
Especially when you have Rookie TE's like Aaron Hernandez scoring 6 TDs in one year with not many more receptions.

Back
Top Bottom