Assuming Ricky failed... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Ricky failed...

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Was the Ricky experiment a failed one? Saban brought him in for a year and Ricky played well in the back-up role. Now he fails a drug test, was he a failed experiment? or did Saban do a good job getting a year out of him?

He did his job and it was nice having him on the team...no-one on this team is a failure in my mind, they give it all they have every week regardless of record and even if they fall short I like them

Not like he made big money either, if he failed im not mad at him or anything, but I hope he really does quit smoking in the future not for the Dolphins but for his own body

nick1 said:
Was the Ricky experiment a failed one? Saban brought him in for a year and Ricky played well in the back-up role. Now he fails a drug test, was he a failed experiment? or did Saban do a good job getting a year out of him?

Saban did what he is supposed to do. He did what was best for the organization. He got RW back and playing well. To not get any value from him would have been a dis-service to the Fins organization.
The trade for RW was made before Saban, it was a legitimate value trade. RW still owed the organization and Saban got more from him. He'll do it again if he has to. He also got RW back but didn't base the whole teams success on RWs...therefore, if he's gone again, we won't see a repeat of 2004. It's, to me, a matter of cutting the losses as best as he can, and Saban did that this past year. What he does in the future, we'll have to see how things pan out...

LarryFinFan said:
Saban did what he is supposed to do. He did what was best for the organization. He got RW back and playing well. To not get any value from him would have been a dis-service to the Fins organization.
The trade for RW was made before Saban, it was a legitimate value trade. RW still owed the organization and Saban got more from him. He'll do it again if he has to. He also got RW back but didn't base the whole teams success on RWs...therefore, if he's gone again, we won't see a repeat of 2004. It's, to me, a matter of cutting the losses as best as he can, and Saban did that this past year. What he does in the future, we'll have to see how things pan out...
I agree

I don't really care if he failed or not. We didn't plan on having him last year and we really didn't lose anything out of this Ricky experiment. If he's not back we have a great RB in Brown, and now we can look for a decent backup RB in the draft or free agency. If this happened during training camp it would have been worse.

No failure. We got quite a bit of mileage out of him last year. Saban and company knew the risks when they got him back. We have RB and there is an opportunity to get a quality back in the draft. Don't blame the current regime at all for getting RW back for at least a year more of production.

We knew Ricky was possibly going to screw up again, thats why we brought in Ronnie Brown. It wasnt a failure because it broke Ronnie into the pros without working the overburdening a player in his first year in the league. Thanks for the memories Ricky. And good luck in India.

we got 700-something yards out of him, and he carried the team through a down period. It cost us nearly nothing.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are getting this story wrong. We'll see what happens in the next few days, but assuming things is not going to get us any closer to the truth. As far as I'm concerned, Ricky is still a Dolphin, and I'm on his side.

Before the draft there was talk that there was a strong possibility that Saban was going to get Ricky to come back. Chaulk one up for Saban. He could have drafted Braylon Edwards and then we would again be without a starting RB.

Pocoloco said:
we got 700-something yards out of him, and he carried the team through a down period. It cost us nearly nothing.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are getting this story wrong. We'll see what happens in the next few days, but assuming things is not going to get us any closer to the truth. As far as I'm concerned, Ricky is still a Dolphin, and I'm on his side.

I feel the same way. The media can twist anything around. Until I hear the full details I will keep hoping this is just wrong information, and nothing more than an attemp to hurt Ricky.:(

Innocent until prooven guilty..I am going to withhold any judgement until all the facts are out there..right now there are so many rumors, its hard to know what is the truth. I can only hope that there is a good reason for all of this, and Ricky will be able to come out of this and still be able to play..for us!

he failed his test 3 times before this, you can't be on his side when he's done it multiple times before. MiamiHerald is a reliable source, they are not wrong but don't beleive me wait and see for yourself

We got more out of Wicky than I ever thought we would.

How much of his signing bonus did he dodge having to pay back by returning for '05? Maybe a couple million? Was his 700 yards worth a couple million?

Back
Top Bottom