Assuming We Do Get Ricky Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming We Do Get Ricky Back

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
What's a logical option for the Dolphins even if they do get Ricky back, during the 4-game suspension? I'm assuming Williams can work on getting into shape and play during the pre-season. It's just during those 4 games we may have some trouble. Any suggestions?

My preference would be to draft a RB in the late 2nd-3rd range like Vernand Morency who slipped due to a bad 40 time or possible Ciatrick Fason as he also bombed in his 40. If not those two then do we hope Gordon can hold down the fort until the cavalry arrives(though however late it may be). ;)

Most of what I read seems tenative about the suspension -- I believe that this indicates there may be some willingness on the part of the NFL to change that punishment if some set of criteria are met. I do believe Williams had an appeal of the suspension pending when he retired, which might give them the ability to do something like that if they wanted to.

I think it is very premature to count on Ricky for anything, but I would not oppose going with just Gordon, Morris, and whatever RB depth gets signed anyway for a four game stretch if things did work out the way you're suggesting in this hypothetical.

Draft Braylon Edwards the best player in the draft and then take a Qb in the third (Kyle Orton). Take a Rb in the fourth maybe Walter Reyes.

i think its a lil too early to say RW again. Give it a WEEK or TWO. THEN WE CAN TALK

IF (and thats a very big "IF") Ricky was allowed to rejoin the Dolphins........

You have to approach the season as if Ricky remained retired. Given the fact that Ricky has proven that he wouldnt hesitate to quit if it suited his mood at the moment, you have to draft and/or use free agency as if Ricky wasnt there. If that means spending the #2 overall on a running back then so be it.

That being said... the way you phrased the title of this thread "Assuming we do get Ricky back"... sounds like you think it would be a good thing. Ricky Williams returning to the Phins would be the single most destructive thing that could happen to the team. What a way for Saban to get his point across about playing as a team and accountability, dedication, and hard work.....to allow a guy back that quit on his team, refused to take responsibility for his actions, whines about how much he is used (even tho he asked to be left in on 3rd downs to earn his incentives), and has proven that if forced to choose between marijuana and football...he chooses weed.
Your thread title should have been something more like...."Assuming we are forced to take Ricky back" )

Here is what I think would happen. Ricky's role reduced to backup smasher. Contract states that we forgive the 8.6 million but you are property of the Miami Dolphins for the next 2 years in a reduced role where you get payed minimum with incentives. Welcome Back Ricky! (as long as you get ready to play and keep pissing in a cup clean).

if ricky comes back who says that he will still have that spark. take JJ Arington as a back up plan. he is a good RB who will fit in to our offense well. if ricky is up to it then we could always trade JJ

Jaj said:
What's a logical option for the Dolphins even if they do get Ricky back, during the 4-game suspension? I'm assuming Williams can work on getting into shape and play during the pre-season. It's just during those 4 games we may have some trouble. Any suggestions?

My preference would be to draft a RB in the late 2nd-3rd range like Vernand Morency who slipped due to a bad 40 time or possible Ciatrick Fason as he also bombed in his 40. If not those two then do we hope Gordon can hold down the fort until the cavalry arrives(though however late it may be). ;)

I think, and this is just my opinion, but i think that Saban would prefer not to address the running back position. We are short on picks and have other holes to fill. In addition, it seems that most teams don't have running back needs - it doesn't seem to be very hard to find a good running back nowadays. Seattle and Indy are willing to part with their "franchise" guys and Buffalo has Henry on the block. I think Saban would like to address some other needs and see what he has in Morris and Gordan and perhaps in another guy that he could perhaps pick-up for a future pick (henry) or Wait and see how the Ricky situation plays out. If we don't take a RB early (1st round) I dont believe Saban will address the position in the draft at all (unless there is a guy nobody is talking about that he thinks is better than the big 3). He WONT pick a running back just to pick one. Unless there is a guy that is much more than a journeyman (which seems to be what everybody is talking about - as if we HAVE to draft somebody) we might not draft one at all.

RW could have served his 4-game suspension last year just like David Boston did....that would have been a great move but I'm sure that there will be an arrangement made by the NFL to get him on the field.

It would be interesting to see how the Dolphin Nation would welcome him back...initially there will be alot of negativity, especially on this site, but we may actually get some insite to the real reasons that he left.

That being said, I'm a HUGE Dolphins fan (just like everybody on this site) whom always roots for the name on the front of the jersey not the one on the back...I'm sure that I'd cheer for RW just as hard as I did before but it will take some time.

These next few months are gonna be crazy!

what is JT or ZT and other who have spoken out against ricky and some even poking jokes at him gonna feel if ricky does com back ...they just might not wanna be a dolphin if rick comes back

i'm still gna draft either benson, brown or mike williams...

ricky is no more than a backup next year for 12 games... he is nowhere near game ready.

Ricky will not have to serve ANY susupension as long as he doesn't try to come back and get reinstated until July. THat would make a year from when he retired, thus...no suspension for coming back from early retirement. His 4 game drug suspension has already been served from last year.

BringBackShula said:
Ricky will not have to serve ANY susupension as long as he doesn't try to come back and get reinstated until July. THat would make a year from when he retired, thus...no suspension for coming back from early retirement. His 4 game drug suspension has already been served from last year.
nope... he declined to serve his four game drug suspension last year.

if he comes back before july he gets banned for a year, weneva he comes back he'll get a 4 game suspension.

F*ck Ricky Williams

Leave His Punk Azz In Holistic School

Once A Quitter Always A Quitter

Trade His Rights To Someone Who'll Put Up With His Immature Bs.

Ronnie Brown Bandwagon Standing Strong For Me Since Late November!!!!

I believe you trade down and pick up a runningback in the 3rd just in case RW pulls this again. With that said there should be some good backs still around in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom