Assuming we only had Ricky, Hilliard, and Sheets... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming we only had Ricky, Hilliard, and Sheets...

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
... for a few weeks, or the remainder of the season, how would you like to see their time dispersed / see them utilized?

I would give Ricky 20ish. Sheets 5-10. Hilliard up to 10.

Well, Ricky is Ricky. He won the Heisman for a reason. I think Sheets can help out like Cobbs but he would offer more speed. Lex runs hard, but against a 1st string?

Obviously from Ronnie to Ricky isnt as much of a drop off as Ricky to Lex/Sheets is. We need to be smart with how we use them.

If we are left with Ricky and co, we are still left with one of the most dangerous RBs in the NFL. I hope that Lex Hilliard is given a go but my read is Ricky 90%, Lou Polite/Lex Hilliard the rest.

... for a few weeks, or the remainder of the season, how would you like to see their time dispersed / see them utilized?

I would give Ricky 20ish. Sheets 5-10. Hilliard up to 10.

Well, Ricky is Ricky. He won the Heisman for a reason. I think Sheets can help out like Cobbs but he would offer more speed. Lex runs hard, but against a 1st string?

Obviously from Ronnie to Ricky isnt as much of a drop off as Ricky to Lex/Sheets is. We need to be smart with how we use them.

Ricky is actually better than Ronnie, the big dropoff is the back that is spelling the started.

I think we just need to line up and play football. Ricky is a downhill runner. Get some blocks in front of him and he will be fine. When Ricky breaks free he tends to take it to the house, where as Ronnie usually gets caught.

Ricky will get most of the carries(obviously)...i think Lex will get some and if he gets nothing on his carries early maybe Sheets will get a carry or two sometime in the game. I doubt we'll see much of Sheets, we'll probably see Sheets on the field as much as we saw Patrick Turner on Sunday.

Ricky has been good BECAUSE he's not the #1 guy. He's been rested, and not taking the pounding that a #1 back takes. If we don't give Hilliard significant carries the high level Ricky has been performing at won't last for long.

Not so sure about that. Like most any running back will tell you, the more touches they get, the better they get. Using Ricky on the sweep during Wildcat schemes is not his best setup. Like someone said above, Ricky is a downhill runner, and will punish would be tacklers once he has a head of steam. I hope we go back to a conventional scheme, hand Ricky the ball a lot, and let him wreak havoc on the defense. This guy reaches full speed in about three steps, and I'd hate to be a defender in front of him when he does.

Just give the ball to Ricky and destroy everybody. Ricky is a ****ing animal. Id give him 30 carries per game the rest of the way. We will probably go undefeated if we do.

The onus is on the offensive line, Fullback, and the tight ends to block well.

If they block well, it doesn't matter who is running the ball.

We'll get our yards.

I think Ricky should get the most carries, Lex should knock them on their ***** after Ricky just did, and Sheets should come in exploit their fatigue.

I really do believe this rotation can work well. Lex is the biggest back we have.. if we can get Ricky to just do what he does well, get Lex to pound them in the faces (even if he doesn't get many yards) and then get the speedy, juking Sheets in there.. it sounds like a disaster for the opposing defense.

Ricky has been good BECAUSE he's not the #1 guy. He's been rested, and not taking the pounding that a #1 back takes. If we don't give Hilliard significant carries the high level Ricky has been performing at won't last for long.

Were talking about Ricky Williams, NOT Ronnie "I must have someone to share carries with" Brown. Dont get the 2 confused.

Youre sleeping so hard on Ricky. Ricky could get 30 carries and dominate a game if he is just given the opportunity. And oh yea, you better believe he will continue to perform at a high level doing so. Get your mind right, Ricky can run all night. :up:

Back
Top Bottom