At Denver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At Denver

I dont know if the broncos have any toughness

Cutler is one of the best QB's in the NFL. They may not be able to play defense very good with the exception of Baily on corner, but they can out-score most teams.

we doubleteam marshall with the allens and play base nickel like we did much of the game today.

need to continue our smart play:
we are #1 in NFL in turnover ratio, 6th in penalty yards allowed, and 9th in total ypg. if we can keep denver to < 28pts, we should win.

Miami = road team coming off a victory. Not favorable. That's the problem next week. I've emphasized before that road teams coming off a win fare 9% worse against the spread than road teams coming off a loss. That is a surreal stat since it holds up every year and encompasses every road game all season. It's virtually impossible to find anything comparable in any major sport. It demonstates you get a superior effort out of road teams when their last memory is a defeat.

The Dolphin games have followed suit this year. Look at our home games. We faced two teams coming off a victory and both underachieved, the Chargers and Bills. We faced one team coming off a loss and they kicked us around, the Ravens.

The one flop on our season is the road game at Arizona, since we were coming off a loss and dumped. At New England it made sense to fare well, coming off two losses and facing a division rival. Then at Houston we were in a very negative spot and did well to lead most of the game. IMO, that was partially enabled by Houston's shell shocked mode after blowing the huge lead the week before vs. the Colts. If we played them there in a normal week I doubt we ever grab a lead like that.

Anyway, Denver figures to be extremely energetic and defensively able to partially mask its weaknesses, coming off a bye week following an embarrassing defeat. They are at home and slightly better than us in the vital stat of YPPA Differential. I expect a Broncos win.

Todays game was Miami's highlight of the season. We caught San Diego in a great spot, coming off our bye, and New England was in its second game after losing Brady. It's standard for a team to cover up a loss of a superstar in the first game, then fail in game two once everyone is rationalizing they did fine without him in game one. But today we had only a minor scheduling advantage and managed to overturn a 9 point deficit vs. a division rival, scoring the final 18 points. I'm surprised there is less euphoria here tonight after this win than the previous two. I feel better about the Dolphins tonight than any point this season.

Hey everyone, new here, just hoping to talk some good football.

This game should be a good one. Our offense hasn't resembled anything like in the first 3 weeks. Every game after week 3 just got worse for our Offense. Our defense has sucked this whole season, and I don't expect anything different in this game.

Whether you guys use the wildcat or not, you will put up big yards. With Champ out, Ginn will probably destroy our secondary. And Williams and Brown should both put up some huge run yards.

If we stand a chance this game, then it will all have to rely on our offense. Hopefully (For me...) they will get back on track and we might see our new RB play.

Here's to a good game with no injuries. :up:

brandon marshall. will allen cant handle him. then what do we have left jason allen? its gonna be like playing the cards all over again, unless cutlers hand injury is worse than i have heard...were gonna have to win a shootout type game

brandon marshall. will allen cant handle him. then what do we have left jason allen? its gonna be like playing the cards all over again, unless cutlers hand injury is worse than i have heard...were gonna have to win a shootout type game

No, the problem with the Cards was the presence of both Bolding and Fitz. Put Will Allen on Marshall and give him a safety over the top for support, I think that makes him managable between the 20s. In the red zone, I don't think we have an answer for him, but then again, I'm not a defensive coordinator......

No, the problem with the Cards was the presence of both Bolding and Fitz. Put Will Allen on Marshall and give him a safety over the top for support, I think that makes him managable between the 20s. In the red zone, I don't think we have an answer for him, but then again, I'm not a defensive coordinator......

what about their rookie eddie royal, and if they get the tight end back from injury? and stokely as well, they have alot of weapons im sure some of which will be in the lineup with an extra week of rest. i agree we shouldnt let marshall beat us, but i double teaming him is going to hurt if they go that route.

what about their rookie eddie royal, and if they get the tight end back from injury? and stokely as well, they have alot of weapons im sure some of which will be in the lineup with an extra week of rest. i agree we shouldnt let marshall beat us, but i double teaming him is going to hurt if they go that route.

Eddie Royal needs to be kept in front of the defense. If he catches it, tackle him there, keep his YAC to a minimum. We need to eliminate their best player, and thats Brandon Marshall. Royal is good, but he can be contained much easier than Marshall. Its going to be a high-scoring game either way, but I think we just need to make sure it comes on long drives, and not on big plays......

Back
Top Bottom