At first I was not thrilled with DW coming back.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At first I was not thrilled with DW coming back..

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
but as long as we bring in a GM from outside our organization(not Spielman)...who can be objective about our talent...or lack of in some areas...and can cut ties with some players who are making too much money and not enough plays(there are a few) it might help us really see what our strengths and weak areas are.
I really like Dave as a person...and I don't think he is a terrible coach like alot of people here do. I think he is an ultra conservative coach who might be too loyal to players who do not perform consistently.I like Spielman...think he does a great job and is very good at personal...but we can't afford right now to stay stagnant with our personel...which I think would happen if he stays.
I do not think we need a huge overhaul...but there are going to be some tough decisions to be made in the next couple of months...an outsider can do that...objectively...with no ties involved..lets hope we get someone quickly who can come in and start the process.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
but as long as we bring in a GM from outside our organization(not Spielman)...who can be objective about our talent...or lack of in some areas...and can cut ties with some players who are making too much money and not enough plays(there are a few) it might help us really see what our strengths and weak areas are.
I really like Dave as a person...and I don't think he is a terrible coach like alot of people here do. I think he is an ultra conservative coach who might be too loyal to players who do not perform consistently.I like Spielman...think he does a great job and is very good at personal...but we can't afford right now to stay stagnant with our personel...which I think would happen if he stays.
I do not think we need a huge overhaul...but there are going to be some tough decisions to be made in the next couple of months...an outsider can do that...objectively...with no ties involved..lets hope we get someone quickly who can come in and start the process.
I just hope he can get a little more discipline out of his players and get a little more offensive minded.:goof:

A new GM just might be the kind of guy that will step in and let a player know when he is on thin ice for screw ups or bad play, letting Wanny keep his role as a players coach while somebody else plays the bad cop.

Back
Top Bottom