At least 3 yrs until the post season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least 3 yrs until the post season

I agree with you 100%

I think you should trade Zach and Jason at the end of the year.I'm sure we could provide a few draft picks and Zach and Jason would get the super bowl rings that they desire...WIN WIN situation all around

I would love to have both join our awesome defense

PATRIOT REIGN
I think you've gotten enough free agents this year...:rolleyes2

I appreciate the feedback and I want to clear up some things. First of all I'm not a negative thinking fan. I have rooted for this team for over 20yrs but I just wanted to share some thoughts and point out what one other team (the Chargers) did to better themselves. I know the Saints turned themselves around very quickly and I really really hope that happens in Miami.

One of the responses is that it's easy to turn things around in 1 - 3 years, well we haven't been able to turn anything around in 5 years!!!! In fact I don't believe we have beaten the Jets in 4 years, and how many times have we beat the Bills over the past 4 years??? I'm just saying that before last season started we all thought we had a contending team and then we got off to a horrible start losing to teams like Houston and Green Bay.

I will take that bet if its allright with you the only thing I ask in return
is that you go to a New England/Miami game with a sign saying
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE MY TEAM:D

atleast contribute something if your gunna spend so much time talkin about our team....

I agree with you 100%

I think you should trade Zach and Jason at the end of the year.I'm sure we could provide a few draft picks and Zach and Jason would get the super bowl rings that they desire...WIN WIN situation all around

I would love to have both join our awesome defense

PATRIOT REIGN
Too bad you will never get to have these two studs on your defense. You can crave and imagine that you have them all you want, but at the end of the day, they will be the ones racking up the sacks and shutting out the Pats.

21-0 nothing baby!

And righfully so...Did you tell that to the Saints and the Jets last year as well

You make a couple good points, but yet a few bad points.

We werent told her had 4.3 speed, we were told he has 4.4 speed ( and that is in a set environment with no pads) and he has shown that...Well anyways, im not going to debate this entire thread as it is very convoluted and there are plenty o positive spots you did not seem to realize about this team, or, having strategically left them out just t be a pessimist...

Here is a question for you...If you think we suck and will be nothing for 3 years, why be a fan...Why bother rooting for a team when you "apparently" know they will lose...Makes no sense

Well the Saints did get Brees last year, who knows what would have happened with us if culpepper had been healthy. The biggest reason we are going to struggle is that we have not done a great job of building our oline and still did not pay enough attention to it in the draft or off season.

What you fail to realize is that every position in football relies on other positions for greatness. Yes you can be good as a stand alone player but for real greatness you need to rely on others around you.

As in you can be a good wide receiver but never a great receiver without a good quarterback. That works the other way around also you can be a good quarterback but never a great quarterback without a good receiver.

You need a good run-blocker to be a great running back. YES you can still be a good running back but you will always need someone on the line that can give you some kind of hole.

The defense is also riddled with these same quandaries. Run defense relies not only on the line and linebackers but they need a decent secondary which enables a safety to also play the run

That is why football is a team sport- so much relies on so many other positions.

That is why you can take an average quarterback i.e. Plunket or Gannon that resided on a bad team for years and place them on a good team and they will lead you too a Super Bowl.

Do we have great receivers? I don’t know because we haven’t had a good quarterback to throw to them.
Do we have a top three running back? I don’t know because we haven’t had a good run-blocking line.

How many positions are in dire need? I have no idea since adding 1 player can change the dynamics of the game in so many different ways.

The only way to truly analyze the dolphins is to look at the overall state of the team.
Where are we on defense?
What do we truly need on offense to be serviceable?

If you answer those questions honestly it is impossible to believe we are years away from a playoff birth.

i refuse to believe that it will take 3 more years to make the playoffs...it is a disgrace for any team to go without a playoff appearance for 3 years, let alone 9 years...

I will take that bet if its allright with you the only thing I ask in return
is that you go to a New England/Miami game with a sign saying
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE MY TEAM:D

Alright...that's a deal. If I win, you go to a NE/MIA game in NE wearing a Ricky jersey and holding a sign that says "Tom Brady is OVER-RATED".

Boooooooo! Who wants to hear crap like this? The great thing about sports is to remove yourself from the real world and not mull over it like a modern day TV soap opera. :shakeno: Win or lose I root for this team. Once again this is a lame pessimistic view. Its the off-season why would you babble, "oh, no were not goign to make the playoffs for 3 years, boo hoo." Its about as realistic as saying we're going to win the Super Bowl for the next 3 straight years.
Quit flinging poo and right your ship. :judge:

I didn't read a word you wrote b/c I really don't give a ****. This is your opinion and you are entitled.

However, I disagree.

Basically you're saying there's no point in watching our next 48 games b/c we won't be making the playoffs.

Again, I disagree. That's all from me

So you said you didnt read a word and then you said you disagree. May I ask what you disagree with??? :sidelol:

Anything can happen, but I think you are right on target. To improve dramatically on offense, while not ignoring the age on defense will be a real challenge for Cam Cameron. Assuming John Beck is the real deal and Ted Ginn Jr. and some of the other high picks closely reach their expectations, I think the team needs at least two very productive offseason to be a legitimate contender. No question the team will have to revamp the secondary, find a high quality left tackle and replace Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. That's not a one year fix.

i agree with SOME of your points but i think your a bit off in some spots

1. ronnie brown doesn't have a WOW factor. Question, do you think ricky has a wow factor because according to the stats their first 2 years, they are the same guy.

2 Crowder is already a solid Starter now, not playing in his natural position with Zach playing in the middle making most of the tackles.

3 Any team can make the playoffs. Even the Lions (with an incredible amount of luck of course) can make the playoffs if the peices fall perfectly for them. Also every year a team goes from worst to first it seems and except our defense everyone under preformed last year (cept maybe for welker) if we play to our potential i think we can make the playoffs this year.

I know I'm going to get bashed for this thread but after reading all of the other threads about us getting into the playoffs, beating the Bills & Jets, blah blah blah blah I couldn't resist putting my 2 cents in.

I am not new to this website, but I do have a new screen name etc...

I don't mean to come across as being negative but we have waaaaaay too many positions that don't have the players needed to compete at a higher level. Our QB situation is still up in the air - DC doesn't show any signs of improving, and who knows how good Beck will be???

Everyone keeps saying Ronnie this and Ronnie that but in his first 2 years he hasn't shown me anything special. I was happy to see he improved in his 2nd season but he hasn't shown me that WOW factor yet, and what happened to his speed?? Weren't we told he had 4.3 speed at his combine???

Our OL - I don't even know where to begin. We have 2 decent starters and 3 question marks and that is just the starting unit. I don't think we are deep enough at the OL positions yet to contend for a playoff spot. If you want to go deep in the playoffs then you have to be deep at the OL and secondary and right now we simply aren't.

Speaking of our secondary, I think we are a mess. Sure we have some attractive names with tons and tons of "upside" (god I hate that term) but once again we don't have any players with the "WOW" factor. I think to contend for a playoff run we will need at least one shut down corner so he can take half of the field away on most passing plays.

Linebackers and DL are very solid. ZT is great but I don't think Crowder will ever be anything but an average/serviceable LB. The DL is very good and we don't just have depth there but we have talent in the depth so we should be fine.

The real problem here is that by the time this team is ready to contend to be a champion ZT and JT will be either gone or at the end of the line. This is why I say trade them after this season to try and get some value for them. We need to draft as many young players with talent over a span of 4 yrs so we can be good for a long time rather than hang on to a couple of hall of fame studs with nothing to show for it when they are done playing.

And what is all this talk of "making the playoffs"????? Who cares about "making the playoffs", what do you get if you make the playoffs but lose in the 1st or 2nd round.......a really crappy draft pick that's what. We need to build and plan for a Super Bowl and in order to do that now we will have to make some very unfavorable decisions about a few players everyone really loves.

If you don't believe everything I said just take a look at the Chargers....Since they got rid of Ryan Leaf, take a look at what they have done to make themselves one of the best teams in the league. They did it through the draft. They got rid of fan favorites (Rodney Harrison & Seau) and then over a 4 or 5 year period got fat through the draft and look at them now. They are young at almost every single position and they are poised to make a serious run at the SB.

3 years huh? That would be what...2010?

Wonder who first was talking about that on this messageboard. I'm glad at least our fans really are starting to come to grips that we will be a failing franchise until that year. It hurts less that way.

Back
Top Bottom