At least Jelani Jenkins leads the NFL in tackles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least Jelani Jenkins leads the NFL in tackles

RobertHorry

Scout Team
Reaction score
In just 2 games of starting. Thats pretty damn impressive. 14 tackles against the Bills and 15 against the Chiefs. He has been looking good and been a tackling machine.

He is only 22 years old and turning to be pretty nice like he was in high school at Good Counsel when he was the #1 LB in the nation.

When Misi comes back that will be a nice duo. Trusnik is basically the worst LB I have seen play in a long time.

Yea because tannehill always puts the defense back on the field so quickly!!

In all seriousness.... Jenkins is playing his heart out

Jenkins looks like he has promise. Wheeler had a good game too

Jenkins has shown himself to be a starter...that is all there is to it...

I don't know if Trusnik is the worst linebacker I've ever seen starting for an NFL team. But he's bad.

Jenkins has really impressed me.

I liked Jenkins a lot at Florida, and I think he has real upside. The problem is, as was exposed with ease by the Chiefs today, despite the coverage ability of Jenkins we still can't cover backs or tight ends to save our lives... The issue has gotta be a combination of schematics and personnel, but the fact that we couldn't stop any of the Chiefs' dink and dunk bull **** today was utterly infuriating.

The best part about Jenkins playing so well is that it once again proves how terrible our coaching staff is in judging it's own players. Jenkins was buried behind garbage.

Didn't get to watch the game because I was at work. Nice to hear that Jenkins had a good game. Was his performance Dansby-esque or better?

I wonder will they draft a LB with Jenkins playing well, Misi with potential in the middle, and Jordan possibly playing OLB(they just need to give up trying to make him a DE).

Didn't get to watch the game because I was at work. Nice to hear that Jenkins had a good game. Was his performance Dansby-esque or better?

I wonder will they draft a LB with Jenkins playing well, Misi with potential in the middle, and Jordan possibly playing OLB(they just need to give up trying to make him a DE).

Different than Dansby. He was all over the field. Has a motor that just keeps going. Great tackler. Didn't force any turnovers, but doesn't let anyone by him. Good pressure on the qb at times. They always knew he was good in pass coverage, what they didn't know was how good he was against the run. He is in on every play. Dansby isn't a great comparison because I feel like they have two completely different styles of play.

Basically he is what we were hoping Wheeler and/or Ellerby would be.

And Jordan is done in my mind. Your starting backers when Misi comes back are Jenkins, Wheeler and Misi. If we can replace wheeler next year we could be solid there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Different than Dansby. He was all over the field. Has a motor that just keeps going. Great tackler. No huge plays, but doesn't let anyone by him. Good pressure on the qb at times. They always knew he was good in pass coverage, what they didn't know was how good he was against the run. He is in on every play. Dansby isn't a great comparison because I feel like they have two completely different styles of play.

Basically he is what we were hoping Wheeler and/or Ellerby would be.

And Jordan is done in my mind. Your starting backers when Misi comes back are Jenkins, Wheeler and Misi. If we can replace wheeler next year we could be solid there.

No huge plays? 2 sacks, the safety, and huge special teams tackle.

I liked Jenkins a lot at Florida, and I think he has real upside. The problem is, as was exposed with ease by the Chiefs today, despite the coverage ability of Jenkins we still can't cover backs or tight ends to save our lives... The issue has gotta be a combination of schematics and personnel, but the fact that we couldn't stop any of the Chiefs' dink and dunk bull **** today was utterly infuriating.

I was seating in section 122 and I saw a play where they put the TE I think in motion and trusnik followed but obviously so much cushion I said it's a outside slant and a dink and dunk for a TD.

Back
Top Bottom