At least no... "squish the fish-er" signs now... so move on and be aggressive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least no... "squish the fish-er" signs now... so move on and be aggressive

Pat-London

Active Roster
Reaction score
So...

Get Philbin!

It's about getting that top notch QB. We won't get Luck or RGIII unless we mortgage the next few years - but with that.. you can't really get him a lot of talent to work with... the other option.. getting the next young/hot free agent. In this case it appears to be Flynn... and no denying his performance at the end of the reg. season. Risky yes, but then again.. the college kids haven't played in the NFL.. he's been in it what 4 years now and behind the top QB at the moment.

So if thats the direction - you want him to be in the best possible position to excel, i.e. same scheme he's currently running [Get Philbin]... his confidence would be so high.. he knows the system.. able to direct and lead the other players. Best possible position for him to succeed. So, next step... surround him with talent.

OL we know has issues on the right side... my view is, sort this through FA with players that know the Pro game and can contribute right away at a high level.. Use the draft to sort out the playmakers... here's how

1. trade our 1st, 2013 3rd and Davone Bess [hear me out];for the 3rd overall [from whom ever team holds it at the time]; assumption is Colts take Luck and A N other team trades up into the 2nd to go RGIII... with our 3rd overall... Miami selects Justin Blackmon.

2nd Round pick - hoping he falls as the usual DL/OL/DB's start moving up the boards and WR's start moving down. Otherwise Trade 2nd and 3rd this year to move up into the 1st to get Alshon Jeffrey.

With this you have Marshall/Blackmon/Jeffrey - the So. Fl version of Jennings/Donald/Nelson.. and very much works to the strength of the Green Bay O scheme thus giving Flynn even more reason to have success.

Pick up a dynamic/freak type TE in the 2013 draft if need be - but the 2 we have at the moment Fasano/Clay are good enough I think as complimentary players and should increase their productivity in this offence with the attention paid to the outside.

Bess - well, what does he give that you wouldn't give up to get Jeffrey. He's at punt return to field the ball.. nothing else, so no dynamism brought to that role. Yes he is great at 3rd down.. but id give that up as the expectation would be that Blackmon/Jeffrey/Marshall plus Reggie as a slot guy [get another 3rd down back] will be an upgrade in this regard.

Use the rest of the draft to go after OLB's and RB's.

Dreaming? ...probably - but it would instantly change the whole dynamic of this team and as a result.. the dynamic of the rest of the division.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom