At least one Dolphin heading to George Kittle's Tight End University | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least one Dolphin heading to George Kittle's Tight End University

Hopefully Long will get an invitation and he will attend. He needs to show this coming season that he can get on the field and be a contributor. Any help he can get learning the tricks of the trade from the top TE’s in the NFL would certainly help in his development, IMO.

I know this fanbase clowns MG. But I actually think he’s viewed favorable by top tier TE I. The league including Kettle and Kelce who’s glowed about him before.
This fan base generally appreciated MG and is happy to have him on this team. You can find dissenting opinions on even Dan Marino so don’t expect anyone to get 100% love. With that said, I think he gets *more* praise than he’s worth (and I’m a fan of his)… you're paying 11mil+ to get you around 45yards a game and nothing else.

Good teammate, good hands, occasional nice play, lot of disappearing, no blocking, big paycheck.

He’s not this crazy underrated or underpaid player, let’s not pretend that he is.

Hopefully Long will get an invitation and he will attend. He needs to show this coming season that he can get on the field and be a contributor. Any help he can get learning the tricks of the trade from the top TE’s in the NFL would certainly help in his development, IMO.
I get the impression only established, top level guys get invited,

This fan base generally appreciated MG and is happy to have him on this team. You can find dissenting opinions on even Dan Marino so don’t expect anyone to get 100% love. With that said, I think he gets *more* praise than he’s worth (and I’m a fan of his)… you're paying 11mil+ to get you around 45yards a game and nothing else.

Good teammate, good hands, occasional nice play, lot of disappearing, no blocking, big paycheck.

He’s not this crazy underrated or underpaid player, let’s not pretend that he is.
Is it really a big paycheck? Tim Patrick (Broncos) has the 27th highest WR contract at 11.3m per.

I know this fanbase clowns MG. But I actually think he’s viewed favorable by top tier TE I. The league including Kettle and Kelce who’s glowed about him before.
I really don’t agree with you that the Dolphin fanbase clowns Gesicki. I believe the Dolphin fans respect what Gesicki does on the field and how he is supportive of his teammates and the organization.

The only issue with Gesicki people bring up is that he is not a typical NFL TE because he is not an effective blocker and he is used more as a slot type WR than as an in line TE because of the skill set he possesses.

I get the impression only established, top level guys get invited,
I believe you are right but he certainly needs to learn the tricks of the trade and that was mainly why it would have been nice for him to be invited. Yet as you point out, he certainly isn’t one of the top level TE’s at this time and therefore he isn’t likely to get invited.

For a TE it is. Let’s not go down this rabbit hole… lol.
I agree that this has been widely discussed already, but the thread is about MG.

My larger point was that his pay verses production is not out of line. Some ppl have already admitted that they are hung up on the semantics of the position title, and that makes no rational sense to me.

At the end of the day, he is worth what the market says he is worth, regardless of what label one confers. The only question then becomes what is he worth to our specific team? If his league perceived value is in line with our (the organization) perceived value we extend him. If not, we don't. It is really that simple, and has zero to do with his blocking ability, his amount of snaps taken in what alignment, or anything else.

Nice knockdown block maybe you can invite MG to your camp

What fanbase is that? Certainly not Finheaven. The majority since the guy has been here by my count have wanted to trade him.

Back
Top Bottom