At least we aren't the Saints. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least we aren't the Saints.

Eclypse13

Scout Team
Reaction score
According to NFL.com Sean Payton suspended a full season. And Fisher's DC Williams suspended indefinitely!

Mickey Loomis done for 8 games..they lost 2 2nd rounders..one this year and one next..

500 k fine for mikey

500 k fine for Saints.

Goodell is a piece of garbage . He has the nerve to dish out this kind of fine against the Saints after giving New England a slap on the wrist for cheating

Commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered the owners of all 32 NFL teams to make sure their clubs are not offering bounties like the New Orleans Saints did from 2009-11.Goodell's memo instructs each team's principal owner and head coach to certify in writing by March 30 that no pay-for-performance system exists.Goodell says Wednesday that bounty programs "are incompatible with our efforts to promote sportsmanship, fair play, and player safety."He suspended Saints head coach Sean Payton for the entire 2012 season and GM Mickey Loomis for the first eight regular-season games, while banning former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...fbn-saints-bounties,0,2157495.story?track=rss

I wish I was a Saints fan. That way we'd at least know what it feels like to have a good team that actually went to and won a Super Bowl recently.

Then you should wish you were a Patriots fan too. I'd rather not have won, then to have it come out that we were cheating to win. I will wait patiently for this organization to return to greatness. Once we are there, I will just hope the ride will last. Most teams go through bad periods. The Saints finally were relevent, only to have it all come crashing down all over again. Even Brees isn't happy there anymore. It could be worse then being a fin fan right now.

Then you should wish you were a Patriots fan too. I'd rather not have won, then to have it come out that we were cheating to win. I will wait patiently for this organization to return to greatness. Once we are there, I will just hope the ride will last. Most teams go through bad periods. The Saints finally were relevent, only to have it all come crashing down all over again. Even Brees isn't happy there anymore. It could be worse then being a fin fan right now.

:lol:

But "winning cures everything" they say.

Eff that nonsense. Cheat to win.

And this point, we're gonna need to cheat to win.

I don't really view what the Saints were doing as cheating either. It's pretty dirty...but it's not cheating.

Dirty =/= cheating. And I guarantee there isn't a single Saints fan that feels the same. Despite all this, they'll still be competing for their division, unlike us.

It sounds like Fisher threw (His friend) Williams under the bus.

Shouldn't the title to the thread be "At least we aren't Rams fans?"

Ireland should be commended for not caving to JF.

The Saints didn't cheat to win the Super Bowl so there is a difference why I'd rather be them than NE. Still, who could argue with wanting to people a Pats fan? They've been the epitome of success the last decade (deserved or not).

not sure of the release date,but i will be going to see this...

4876saints-1.jpg

it's gonna be embarrassing for the panthers, bucs, and falcons this year not being able to win they division against a team that will not have its coach.

As long time Saints fan (since '77) this has been a pretty rough off season. Of course I'm not happy with Gregg Williams stupid "bounty" sysytem and Payton and Loomis lying to the commissioner but it happened and now we (Saints fans) have to deal with the fallout. Things are bad but honestly I expected it. A few thoughts -

The "bounty" program as it's been called by the sportsmedia was actually a mostly player contributed to pool that paid team mates for big plays (but did contain the unsavory words - "knockout" and "cartoff"). This has been projected in the media as the Saints players purposely ending players careers with cheap shots to collect a few thousand dollars. The evidence just isn't there - the Saints were in the middle of the pack in terms of penalties and personal fouls over the "bounty" period ('09-'11). If this program were egregious as claimed there would be huge list of players injured by the Saints D. It didn't happen, the Saints Defense mostly stank after 2009.

If you haven't heard Goodell is making every player sign a "No Bounty" agreement that once signed absolves any kind of punishment of the player and team even if evidence comes out they had similar bounty systems. Sounds fair to the Saints, doesn't it? Seeing as how both former Redskin and Titan players have already admitted Gregg Williams had the same exact program when he was there. I'm not arguing the Saints shouldn't be punished but they shouldn't be alone in this either.

While I'm not claiming the team will be fine without Payton it does have OC Pete Carmichael Jr. (Head Coaching prospect) and DC Steve Spagnoulo (former Rams HC) on staff. This situation is tailor made for PC Jr. to prove he's ready to become an NFL HC. If he can keep a team that was in the playoffs winning next year (or even breaking even) he'll get his shot at a HC job. Spagnoulo too. If he can turn around a bad Saints Defense (given the circumstances) he might get a shot another head coaching gig as well.

But right now the Saints organization needs to make a public apology to their fans in the form of signing Drew Brees to long term deal to begin the process of settling this situation.

As long time Saints fan (since '77) this has been a pretty rough off season. Of course I'm not happy with Gregg Williams stupid "bounty" sysytem and Payton and Loomis lying to the commissioner but it happened and now we (Saints fans) have to deal with the fallout. Things are bad but honestly I expected it. A few thoughts -

The "bounty" program as it's been called by the sportsmedia was actually a mostly player contributed to pool that paid team mates for big plays (but did contain the unsavory words - "knockout" and "cartoff"). This has been projected in the media as the Saints players purposely ending players careers with cheap shots to collect a few thousand dollars. The evidence just isn't there - the Saints were in the middle of the pack in terms of penalties and personal fouls over the "bounty" period ('09-'11). If this program were egregious as claimed there would be huge list of players injured by the Saints D. It didn't happen, the Saints Defense mostly stank after 2009.

If you haven't heard Goodell is making every player sign a "No Bounty" agreement that once signed absolves any kind of punishment of the player and team even if evidence comes out they had similar bounty systems. Sounds fair to the Saints, doesn't it? Seeing as how both former Redskin and Titan players have already admitted Gregg Williams had the same exact program when he was there. I'm not arguing the Saints shouldn't be punished but they shouldn't be alone in this either.

While I'm not claiming the team will be fine without Payton it does have OC Pete Carmichael Jr. (Head Coaching prospect) and DC Steve Spagnoulo (former Rams HC) on staff. This situation is tailor made for PC Jr. to prove he's ready to become an NFL HC. If he can keep a team that was in the playoffs winning next year (or even breaking even) he'll get his shot at a HC job. Spagnoulo too. If he can turn around a bad Saints Defense (given the circumstances) he might get a shot another head coaching gig as well.

But right now the Saints organization needs to make a public apology to their fans in the form of signing Drew Brees to long term deal to begin the process of settling this situation.

im not saying i agree with goodell at all,but do you think the sanctions were too harsh?

Pretty sure they still got Pete Carmichael and Brees so the Saints will compete regardless. And Sean Payton will probably be fired after the Saints win the division without him. Pete will take over.

Back
Top Bottom