At Least We Couldn't Land Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At Least We Couldn't Land Brunell

Finsfan13

Starter
Reaction score
We got Feeley because we couldn't land Brunell... They spent a ton of money on him.... AND they even have a Pro-Bowl Running Back (Portis) on their roster....

Looks like we didn't miss much...

REDSKINS / BENGALS GAME

Brunell left the game 1-for-8 for 6 yards and an interception for a quarterback rating of 0.0. He was 1-for-2 for 8 yards in the second half of last week's victory over Detroit, giving him 14 yards passing over his last 3 1/2 quarters. He entered the game with the worst completion percentage in the league.

Ramsey was making his second appearance of the season, having thrown three interceptions against the New York Giants after Brunell left with an injury. He bettered Brunell's output with his second pass, a 19-yard completion to Laveranues Coles, but did little else until rallying the team late with two scoring drives.

Ramsey finished 18-for-37 for 210 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. He completed 12 of 20 passes in the fourth quarter, including a 9-yard pass to Chris Cooley with 2:22 left to pull the Redskins within a touchdown. The Bengals then covered an onside kick, ran three plays and punted, leaving the Redskins to mount a futile drive in the game's final minute.

Brunell was terrible -- I was there. The cheers when Ramsey was warming up on the sideline were great. They kind of reminded me of what I heard on TV when we played the Redskins last year and Jay came in.

The only sad part is that the Redskins had the good sense not to trade Ramsey to us. He looked really rusty until the 4th quarter, but that happens when you only get maybe 5% of the snaps in practice. He also had a lot of drops by wide receivers who seemed shocked that the ball got to them for once.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And Warner & Collins, they have all looked bad!

Yet some here will still clamor for "the one that got away". Brunell, Warner, Collins have been simply AWFUL.

Let's hope when A.J. gets his chance he makes Rick look like a genius rather than an imbecile. He is the only one left of the QB's that moved who has a chance to do something, especially now that the man who held him back is gone!

Feeley's mistrust of Wannstedt's system got back to the coach, and at one point, Wannstedt told assistants Feeley was a ''loose cannon,'' and a ``bad influence.''

How dare A.J. question Wanny and his franchise wrecking record.

NJ I agree with you AJ should have started from day 1.
Can you imagine how much better fans would feel if we knew what we had at qb.

The current Brunell situation also reminds me of the Dolphins / Titans game (first game of this season). Bringing Feeley in for Fiedler.

I can't wait to see what Feeley can do once he becomes the #1 in pracitce and gametime.

ALSO - Jeff Garcia is being currently booed out of Cleveland....

true most of those guys have been busts, but when Spielman was searching for a qb during the offseason, he took a good look at Billy Volek of the Titans. He threw for over 300 yards yesterday, but Tennessee did lose. He looked pretty good though.

NJPHINFAN said:
Yet some here will still clamor for "the one that got away". Brunell, Warner, Collins have been simply AWFUL.

What about Griese?? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

byroan said:
What about Griese?? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
The Griese situation shows the pathetic offensive scheme we run here. And the inability of our coaches to coach to our players strengths. Thats why Im encouraged by Bates stating that they are going to let the playmakers make plays.

Garcia was benched for Kelly Holcomb, KELLY HOLCOMB !!!

UGH !!!

Washington shoulod have never gotten Brunell, and I said that from the beggining. It was really a shocker when it happened, I was 90 percent sure he'd be a 'phin. I thought Brunell would do alot better than what he's done, but Ramsey was showing alot of promise last year and taking away his job killed his confidence, i could tell that in the preseason.

Canadianfishfan said:
The Griese situation shows the pathetic offensive scheme we run here. And the inability of our coaches to coach to our players strengths. Thats why Im encouraged by Bates stating that they are going to let the playmakers make plays.

Maybe if we get a new coach, we can bring Griese back next year.

say what you want about Brunell, his #'s for this year are still better than feeley's or fiedler's.

he had a bad game.... and has had a few, but still manages to have better numbers than our QB's....

texasPHINSfan said:
say what you want about Brunell, his #'s for this year are still better than feeley's or fiedler's.

he had a bad game.... and has had a few, but still manages to have better numbers than our QB's....

What statistics are you looking at?

Mark Brunell has completed 49.8% of his passes, averages 5.04 yards per pass, and has a QB rating of 63.9. He averages 3.3 yards per carry on the ground.

Jay Fiedler has completed 52.9% of his passes, averages 6.27 yards per pass, and has a QB rating of 67. He averages 4.9 yards per carry on the ground.

Remember, this is Brunell with a rushing game to fall back on vs. Jay with a pathetic rushing game. I understand being frustrated with our passing game, but don't go making up things...

Back
Top Bottom