At least we have a group of guys with character | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least we have a group of guys with character

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Getting our butt kicked is nothing as long as you are doing it with high character players.

BRILLIANT!

I was worried that we would care too much about players being boy scouts than talented players, but that wasn't much of a factor this year.

We got our butts kicked by the Patriots even when we had those players with bad character.

Getting our butt kicked is nothing as long as you are doing it with high character players.

BRILLIANT!

Non sequitur.
Teams can win or lose with high character players. They have to be talented. Low character guys, however, usually let you down when you need them. The Pats best players (Brady, Gronk, Welker) are pretty high character guys i.e they don't have legal issues.

It's not character that got Davis and Marshall booted, it was attitude that affected their contribution to the team. In Marshall's case, throwing Matt Moore under the bus, getting in fights in practice, spiking a football in an opposing QB's face during a game, etc. In Vontae's case, the fact that he is (and I don't mean this in a derogatory fashion, because he clearly has issues) basically a mental child.

If character was more important than a player's ability to function as part of the team, Jimmy Wilson would not be on the football team.

Our team of character guys couldn't tackle, hit, block or catch the ball. It's funny that the Patriots defenders were tackling pretty hard and putting some pretty good hits on our guys while our guys were just content to drag down their ball carriers or fall down and hope they tripped over us. We have a soft fricken team. One full of sissies and it needs to change!!!!

Not many issues with the team this year. Philbin brings the Green Bay organization mentallity with him. He wants his players here, which are high character guys. I think some of you think that this team should be 11-5 or something. 2nd youngest team in the NFL and no true "talent" at skill positions. That will all change with 46 million in cap and 5 picks in the top 100. And because of so much movement in the draft now a days, who is to say Miami won't trade down to pick up more picks and continue to get younger and better. Its not the end of the world, things will be better. Most of you will probably lose your minds if Miami lands tons of talent in FA

Back
Top Bottom