At Monday's practice... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At Monday's practice...

bdwgroove

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Big O substituting for Maddog on WQAM just said that both Dixon and Ruddy did not practice today. All others, Surtain, Burnett, and Konrad were good to go. Updates as I hear them

Thanks, I forgot to tune in.

Big O just said that Speilman said Fins have no interest in Lo Bro...none what so ever

That means that they must think highly of Grigsby and don't think that they need to dish out any more cash.

I think they are having visions of another Otis with a great build for a DE that we lost out on a few years ago...Otis Leverette. We tried to hide him on the psquad and the Redskins snatched him up and immediately the coaches regretted trying to hide Leverette. He's now on the Chargers...yet to do much, but I don't think the Phins are keeping track of what he's done since he was with us so much as they remember what it felt like when a guy we wanted in our future got stolen from us because we were dumb.

So they'll try and keep hold of Grigsby, who looks like Jason Taylor out there at certain times.

How much money did we save from cutting Edwards loose? It had better have been substantial, because it's hard to stomach straight out releasing him. There has to be some upside to this.

He probably was signed for the veterens minimum because of his previous injury...he just wanted a chance to get back when he signed. Money didn't play a role in his release, except that we would have Henry for 3 more years at a cheap rate and Edwards would be a goner next year one way or another

Originally posted by bdwgroove
He probably was signed for the veterens minimum because of his previous injury...he just wanted a chance to get back when he signed. Money didn't play a role in his release, except that we would have Henry for 3 more years at a cheap rate and Edwards would be a goner next year one way or another

minimum for veterans is 700,000, right clump?

only $450,000 counts against the cap for veteran minimum salaries.

Edwards was released because of his Knee, he's a FA after this year (Henry isn't), Henry's "potential", and- maybe- to give him a chance somewhere else... on a team that doesn't have a Ricky Williams. If another team will take a chance on him.

Back
Top Bottom