At the beginning of this offseason my worries was right ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At the beginning of this offseason my worries was right !

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you that all finsfans like me, but if you read my old post, you will see in many occasions I questioned move made by our Fo, and today it's clear, I'am more and more worry.

Our 2 most glaring needs was LT and QB, everybody will be Ok with that, and how we solve our problem :

we sign a 30 year old LB (very good, i'am agree but not a pressing need like LT or QB),

we release randy Mc (I know for a money question) but don't tell me that david martin is a better player, this is not the case in my mind only perhaps but seems clear isn't its ?

and yesterday, we don't choose brady quinn for.........gin + beck (nothing against them and I will cheer for them because I will always be a finfans), .....but more and more question move by randy.

So sorry, i have faith in cam to get the most of his players but randy don't seems very good this year, hope I'am wrong but one more time, same old song.......after FA period and draft.......we don't erase our LT problem and perhaps not QB problem too........

opinions ?

Randy was working for ESPN when we got him. There must have been a reason why. He was just looking to save money so he drafted Ginn instead.
Thats why nobody picked him up after the Saints.

Well everybody is of the opinion we have a QB problem... But did it occur to anyone that maybe we don't have a QB problem? Hamdan is a deep threat QB, likes to use all his receivers, posted 100+ and even a perfect passer rating in NFL Europe, shredding all the records down there. He's got the wraps, he's got the leadership and he's got the quick thinking (also when under pressure) plus he's only 26 with 3 seasons of NFL Europe under his belt. He's been coached by Cameron before. Question is will he be able to make that last bit of adjustment to the speed level of NFL and step up?

I think he will, but pre-season will tell.

Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett were there at 40. Sidney Rice was there at 40. All three of those guys are better receivers than Ted Ginn. Now with Ginn's return ability i dont know if they're all around better players, but is a KR really worth the number 9 pick when there are other needs there at nine? Hall, Nelson, Merriweather, Revis, Okoye? Trading down would have helped fill more holes. It's not all about taking Quinn.

This team has done an abysmal job this off-season. They are worse on offense, always the main problem for this team. I really dont know how anyone can defend Cameron and Mueller, and when we are trying to run them out of town 3 years from now we will look back at this draft as the reason why.

Sorry to tell you that all finsfans like me, but if you read my old post, you will see in many occasions I questioned move made by our Fo, and today it's clear, I'am more and more worry.

Our 2 most glaring needs was LT and QB, everybody will be Ok with that, and how we solve our problem :

we sign a 30 year old LB (very good, i'am agree but not a pressing need like LT or QB),

we release randy Mc (I know for a money question) but don't tell me that david martin is a better player, this is not the case in my mind only perhaps but seems clear isn't its ?

and yesterday, we don't choose brady quinn for.........gin + beck (nothing against them and I will cheer for them because I will always be a finfans), .....but more and more question move by randy.

So sorry, i have faith in cam to get the most of his players but randy don't seems very good this year, hope I'am wrong but one more time, same old song.......after FA period and draft.......we don't erase our LT problem and perhaps not QB problem too........

opinions ?

There was not a LT on the board at #9 worth taking. Quinn may have the popular choice but was he the best choice? His long ball accuracy and less than consistant play against top ranked teams worried me even more.

The Dolphins offense lacked overall speed and with Ginn, Jr and Booker, we have that now. Are they popular picks? Probably not. Are the right picks? Time will tell.

As far as Martin over McMichael, that was strictly a cost saving move and not talent based. IF Martin can stay healthy, and that's a big IF, he may make you forget about McMichael.

Randy was working for ESPN when we got him. There must have been a reason why. He was just looking to save money so he drafted Ginn instead.
Thats why nobody picked him up after the Saints.

So what you are saying is that any former general manager who works/worked for ESPN is not any good or should atleast questionable?

Randy Mueller was fired as the GM by the Saints because of a difference of opinions not because he wasn't getting or couldn't get the job done. He drafted Ginn because he was rated higher on the draft board than Quinn.

opinions ?
I have faith in Beck that he will solve the long term QB problems. I honestly think we were planning on drafting a good LT the whole offseason, but there was no one to draft at #9.(Brown and Thomas were off the board.)

Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett were there at 40. Sidney Rice was there at 40. All three of those guys are better receivers than Ted Ginn. Now with Ginn's return ability i dont know if they're all around better players, but is a KR really worth the number 9 pick when there are other needs there at nine? Hall, Nelson, Merriweather, Revis, Okoye? Trading down would have helped fill more holes. It's not all about taking Quinn.

This team has done an abysmal job this off-season. They are worse on offense, always the main problem for this team. I really dont know how anyone can defend Cameron and Mueller, and when we are trying to run them out of town 3 years from now we will look back at this draft as the reason why.

With the amount of time the Dolphins used to make their pick, don't you think they were trying to move down or atleast fielding offers from other teams who wanted to move up.

Jarrett, Rice and Smith were there at #40 but so was Beck and after taking Ginn in the first there was no need to take another wide receiver in the second. All three may be better receivers but none of them would have added the game changing abilities that Ginn does.

Time will tell if the Ginn/Beck combo will be better than the potential Quinn/Smith or Quinn/Jarrett or Quinn/Rice combos.

opinions ?

Sorry to burst your sadness bubble, but there are valid reasons we did what we did:

1. There were no franchise LT's left on the board at pick #9.

2. From the last mini-camp, they had already determined Vernon Carey was ready and willing to become the LT. The Satele pic for C allows us to move Hadnot to RG, where he is more natural, and move Shelton to RT, also where he is more natural. Its not as much about WHICH Tackle or Guard position a guy plays, but about how well they play together. Its about chemistry and communication. I too would have loved to get Kalil at that 60 pick but Carolina beat us by one pick. Satele will be fine.

3. Brady Quinn is talented, but he also became a head case. He was so much wrapped up in being the 1st pick in the draft, it was nauseating. I am, for one, glad he was humbled a bit. Secondly, Beck is every bit as good as Quinn, possibly better in mind speed and quick decision-making, and most importantly, maturity. Now wrap that value up in the 40 pick, instead of paying multi-millions up front for someone who won't play for awhile, and you avoid the recipe for QB disappointment and disaster. This allows Beck to learn and become comfortable about his leadership in this offense.

4. As for Randy McMike being better than David Martin, I cannot argue that his potential (on paper) "appears" better, but I watched myself curse him so much last year for all of the passes he dropped, either from his lack of concentration or from the anticipation that he was going to get smacked. He did not live up to his ability, his marketing, or his paycheck. Remember, unless a player continues to produce at, or above, the level of his paycheck, we can never afford (in the salary cap system) to continue to get better all around. It's too much opportunity cost lost.

5. I have been to every mini-camp possible, and listened to everything coming from Cam and Randy. From the beginning, Randy and Cam determined what their plan required (speed) and stuck to their plan. (I would look for more speed in the depth picks today). That brings both results, and excellent value. I would be more worried if Randy made impetuous decisions based upon perception and reactivity to other teams vs. executing the Randy-Cam plan as designed. Have some faith. We have some smart, experienced guys, with a lot more intel than we do running this show.

I think you're right. Beck/Ginn compared to Quinn/Jarrett is why we will probably suck for the next 5-10 years imo.

Speed kills... and the phin O had very little last year. Now a safety has to be paying attention to Ginn, leaving space for Chambers and R Brown to operate. Bad news for teams that have to defend us this year

Back
Top Bottom