At this point, who would you take? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At this point, who would you take?

I'm not taking sides here but we have some interesting answers. Seems that a fair amount want a qb, a fair amount want a OL and then some want a RB.
I still say address both lines in FA and keep the pick and take the highest rated guy on the board (most likely a qb, wr or LB).

depends on what happens in FA. If we can pickup a Rb at a decent price (which I wouldn't mind Lamont Jordan) then Oline all the way baby. If not Cedric Benson is top on my list.

Trade down and accumulate extra picks ....
:yes:

Marino1983

Becks7 said:
Matt Leinart

Aaron Rodgers

Cedric Benson

Alex Barron

Derrick Johnson
At this point, and I reserve the right to change later after I see how they do in all the pre-draft stuff.

I would take Rodgers or Lienart if Feeley goes into the tank.

Barron appears to be a bit weak and a bad run blocker, I wouldn't spend a high first on him, in fact I'd be more liable to trade down and draft Jamal Brown if O-line has to be the pick.

If Feeley looks good I would probably draft an impact defender like Rodrique Wright DT to replace Bowens or I might be too tempted by the rare talent of Derrick Johnson OLB.

Marino1983 said:
Trade down and accumulate extra picks ....
:yes:

Marino1983
This of course assumes you find a willing trade partner.

Trading down and geting taken is stupid.

We do not need to be passing on the best impact prospects in this draft just for the sake of trading down unless the deal is too good to pass up.

I still remember trading down once and getting John Avery and some stiff whose name I've forgotten at WR instead of staying put and drafting Randy Moss.

Our needs are QB, RB, OL, DL, S.

Drafting a Franchise QB would be awesome and if I was GM I'd stay put and draft Leinart.

We can solve our RB situation by signing LaMont Jordan and having a system similar to Minnesota with three RBs.

I don't think there is awesome value at the top of the draft for Oline. Brown is a RT and we have Carey. I like Barron but he isn't great. Elton Brown would be nice at guard if we trade down, as would Wilkerson or Carter at Center.

We don't need to invest a high draft pick on a DT, our DTs only need to be big so tht they can run stuff, u can find big guys in later rounds. Erasmus James on the end would be awesome though.

There is no outstanding safety prospect like Ed Reed, Sean Taylor or Roy Williams.

Standouts Antrel Rolle and Derrick Johnson would be great, but are't necessit picks and we have too many holes to fill.

I would draft Leinart or trade down and grab as many picks as possible.

finsnchips said:
Our needs are QB, RB, OL, DL, S.

Drafting a Franchise QB would be awesome and if I was GM I'd stay put and draft Leinart.

We can solve our RB situation by signing LaMont Jordan and having a system similar to Minnesota with three RBs.

I don't think there is awesome value at the top of the draft for Oline. Brown is a RT and we have Carey. I like Barron but he isn't great. Elton Brown would be nice at guard if we trade down, as would Wilkerson or Carter at Center.

We don't need to invest a high draft pick on a DT, our DTs only need to be big so tht they can run stuff, u can find big guys in later rounds. Erasmus James on the end would be awesome though.

There is no outstanding safety prospect like Ed Reed, Sean Taylor or Roy Williams.

Standouts Antrel Rolle and Derrick Johnson would be great, but are't necessit picks and we have too many holes to fill.

I would draft Leinart or trade down and grab as many picks as possible.
i would agree with you about DT's except for Rodrique Wright, if you can a huge DT that also is a force with the pass rush you can really disrupt the pocket of the ooponent. We have lacked that from DT's in the past.

The first priorities this offseason NEED to be LT and C. I am not sure if you can get any good players in FA there, so I would say we trade down and take a LT and C with our first two picks. Then the next priority needs to be a DT with our next pick (or FA if possible).

Hasn't this season taught you anything? THE WHOLE success of your team is dependant on OL and DL. We have good 'enough' skill position players. We NEED more big men in the trenches.

We have to remember too that Lienart is a lefty and his blindside is the right side. That being said, I wouldn't trust John St. Clair to protect my franchise QB and even though I think that VC will be ready by next year it is still a concern if we take Lienart.
For the record, I love the way he plays and think we should take him if he comes out-and if AJ falls on his face this year.

Trade Down

In the process of trading down, pick up a second round pick and a fourth round pick. The possibility of trading down yet again also exists, which would allow the Dolphins to pick up maybe another second round pick and another later pick (around a fifth).

Miami needs to move into a position where the top left tackles are rated. They aren't going to get a quality left tackle in free agency, unless Chris Samuels somehow becomes available. Those of you thinking that Miami will be able to sign Walter Jones or Orlando Pace are trying to fool yourselves. Their teams are not going to let them test the market.

By chance, if Miami is able to land Samuels, that likely means that they didn't get a RB. Miami could then go for one of the top three backs in the draft. Trading down is still the best thing to do, because it will likely net the Dolphins a second round pick they currently don't have.

I believe the running back position will be filled via free agency, and the Dolphins will go into the draft having to draft a left tackle and a high caliber defensive end.

Rodgers or Leinart...

Feeley has done nothing so far to justify not taking a franchise quarterback if you have the ability to do so.

Trade Ricky Williams & Marty Booker to the RAIDERS....For...a 1st & 2nd round pick.

Then Draft:
Mike Williams & Aaron Rogers

That would give Miami a HEAD START on getting a SOLID offense ready to pick up for the Defense. Because the D will start to show HOLES over the NEXT 3 seasons. With the BEST PLAYERS getting old. To bad OGUN is gone.

:eek:

Aaron Rogers & AJ
Shawn Alexander or EDGE (Free Agent Pick-Up)
CC
Mike Williams
David Boston
Bryan Gilmore
Wes Welker
Randy McMichael (Resign)
......Just get some FA OL that CAN BLOCK....and WOW the Phins just became BIG Powerhouse.

Back
Top Bottom