At what point does Wallace become to expensive | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point does Wallace become to expensive

Great answer to the question. As long as we can get out of it to some degree in years 4-5 if he is under performing to his contract. The only way that can happen though is if the signng bonus is not outrageous and we guarantee his base salary his first 3 years like we did Hartline.

3rd year for Hartline is not guaranteed

HARTLINE
Signing bonus: $7 million
2013 base salary (fully guaranteed): $715,000
2014 base salary (fully guaranteed): $4.785 million
2015 base salary (not guaranteed): $5.9 million
2016 base salary (not guaranteed): $6.1 million
2017 base salary (not guaranteed): $6.1 million

3rd year for Hartline is not guaranteed

HARTLINE
Signing bonus: $7 million
2013 base salary (fully guaranteed): $715,000
2014 base salary (fully guaranteed): $4.785 million
2015 base salary (not guaranteed): $5.9 million
2016 base salary (not guaranteed): $6.1 million
2017 base salary (not guaranteed): $6.1 million

Thanks.. I am aware that Hartline was only guaranteed his first two years. With the numbers were talking about Wallace's contract, I think it is going to be necessary to guarantee 3 years of the contract if we want to bring the signing bonus down so we don't get crushed too bad if we try to dump the last two years if necessary. Obviously, this is not a problem if Wallace is tearing it up and performing to his contract. I just want enough money to try to get Cook and a CB and DE if possible in FA. I guess I am a bit GREEDY! lol

i think 10mil a yr is tops. hes not a true #1 wr. hes a good wr but hes not an elite wr

14.5 million is the ceiling for me...this deal is fairly crucial to get done. We have the money and the cap space. Just make sure we can get out of it after 2-3 years.

10 million, that is my cap, sorry we have other needs. We might really like Wallace, but need to be able to walk away.

Threads will pop up like crazy tomorrow because Ireland will either overpay or yet again miss out on another FA. It's a no win situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Threads will pop up like crazy tomorrow because Ireland will either overpay or yet again miss out on another FA. It's a no win situation.

Unfortunatly, you are probably 100% right!

Unless he gives him over 16 mil a yr or a ridiculous number it's not over paying. Wallace is a young WR and a proven stud! People need to realize when you haven't been competitive in a long time you pay a premium for top talent and that is ok. It is over paying for mediocrity that deserves criticism!

It probably is a "no win situation" for Ireland, but that's only the case because he has lost the faith of the fan base. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds, there must be a bottom line valuation for all decisions.. IMO, he has already overpaid for Hartline and Moore...anything above 5 years 60 mill is overpaying, again IMO.. To say we should pay whatever it takes is ridic....

PFT is reporting Percy Harvin could be looking at 12+ mil per. I would guess Wallace is going to be looking for something around there. I wouldn't expect anything lower than 11 million.

Seeing as Andre and Calvin both make around 9.5 per I'd probably take my number down to around 7-8mill a year. I still think if we sign him we'll regret it and have to move his contract in 2 years.

I agree completely. Except I'd be willing to overpay up to 10 mill per year. I don't want to be back in salary cap hell in a few years.

Plan B is a second tier receiver in fa and draft a couple high round wr.

I would rather have Tavon Austin and a couple competent free agent cb than pay Wallace 13 million just to try and save Ireland's job.

People who are saying 10 million are setting themselves up to get mad tomorrow.

If you want to know how much he is going to get paid all you have to do is look at the Bowe signing. Bowe was considered not as coveted as Wallace and his new contract was 12 million a year. So wallace likely will be a bit higher than that. Wallace should get in the 12.5 (low) to 14 million (high) range. I am hoping for just over 12 million but am ok with a bit more.

I wouldn't be upset if someone else overpays for Wallace. I'd rather sign a couple competent cb a a receiving te. Draft 2-3 wr in the top half of the draft.

Wallace is not going to makers a super bowl contender by himself. Not with the atrocious cb play we had last year.

$10M is a lot of money, anything over that is overpaying, but that's what is going to happen in FA, especially with explosive WRs. Rumors are that this deal might be creeping towards $15M per year. IMO, anything over $12M is too expensive. $12M is a number that is insanely beyond fair, past that and I would call Jennings, spread the money out elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom