At What Point Will You Believe?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At What Point Will You Believe??

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
If you've been a dolphins fan for as long as I have then I'm sure you've seen this before. They'll look good for a few games and then it'll all come crashing down with a couple of un-explainable bad losses that knock us out of playoff contention. So my question to you... when will you truly believe this team has "Turned a corner"? I'm personally going to wait until week 11-12. At that point I think we'll have enough of a sample size to see the direction of this team and what course of action that should be taken next season. We'll know by then which players are worth bringing back and which ones we can let go. When is it for you, when will you be convinced??

some of you guys need 2 slow down. 2 weeks ago we had Gase out threads, now we have turned the corner and have playoff ambitions?

This roster is still as broken as it was 2 weeks ago, we can build on this little run and hopefully win some more games, but especially as injures mount we are going to have bad moments and lose some games.

JUst saying - don't get your expectations too high if it means youl jump off a cliff after the next stumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't repair YEARS of problems and chronic fan disappointment in a week or two... For me its gonna take some major renovations starting with firing TBum and cleaning house of the carp we still have in the trash can.

This team still has a lot of issues that I expect to be exposed soon enough. Tho the entire league is becoming crap and hardly worth watching...

BNF

I'll believe in this team after I see a season of consistency. We always see a few games that give us hope and then they revert back to where they were at the beginning. Show me a season of consistency in the run game, blocking, defense, and passing and I'll believe in the team. We've been burned too many times.

I won't completely buy-in until they beat the Jets. If they do that the season is fully in play. If they lose that puts them in a major hole. Even with a win in 2 weeks it guarantees nothing as they have to go to California for a 2-game stretch right after (Gase said they're staying in CA the entire 2 weeks).

For now I will fully enjoy a 2-game win streak heading into the bye.

I see a glimmer of hope, but I don't 'believe' yet. I can't say for sure when that will be, but I need to see some consistent play across the board. These last two games, while nice, could be the product of a number of things, and may be fooling us into believing we're better than we are. We have a relatively soft schedule coming up. Barring injuries, the next 5 to 7 games will tell a lot.

I have started to believe in the team because it seems they have started to believe in themselves and each other!. You can see it in the way the congratulate and celebrate with each other. You can see it in the way they play for each other. The O line believes in J-train, he believes in them, the defense believes in the offense and it seems like the team believes in their coach. The wins feel different. I'm not completely there yet but I'm coming around quickly!

I've already bought in, but the litmus test for me will be consistently posting a winning record in the division. Not sure that will come at all this year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I won't completely buy-in until they beat the Jets. If they do that the season is fully in play. If they lose that puts them in a major hole. Even with a win in 2 weeks it guarantees nothing as they have to go to California for a 2-game stretch right after (Gase said they're staying in CA the entire 2 weeks).

For now I will fully enjoy a 2-game win streak heading into the bye.

I'm with ya... I won't even begin to think about playoffs unless we beat the Jets. We win that game, it becomes conceivable. But these are still the Dolphins. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we somehow get 3 games above .500 I'm really buying. Doesn't mean we have a complete roster, or that we will make the playoffs, but it would mean that we have pieces to build around, the coach figured out how to motivate and scheme for this roster, and that those responsible for putting that roster together were not completely clueless. NOBODY thought we had filled most of the holes coming into this year. If we can do the things on the field to get 3 games over .500 sometime in the next 7 games, I think that is a strong indicator we are trending in the right direction in a concrete manner. I do think those last two games will be really tough for us to win, and we are unlikely to finish any better than 9-7 or 8-8.

I believe now that the Dolphins have turned the corner. That's how much stock I put into yesterday's win. The Bills have been the team that have posed the most nightmarish match-up problems for the Dolphins with their physicality and strong running game.

I am not deluded into believing that the Dolphins have the talent and depth to be a playoff team this year. I understand that they could easily lose both games of their upcoming West Coast road-trip at the Rams and Chargers.

This win, and the manner in which the Dolphins won - by dominating the Bills physically and owning the 4th quarter - convinces me that Gase understands what he is doing. I am sold.

But here's the most important reason why I believe that the Dolphins have turned the corner. Both teams yesterday played a clean game. There were no turnovers; there were no missed field goals. In other words, there was nothing flukey about this win. The Bills didn't beat themselves. There was a "purity" to the game that revealed an accurate representation of the current ability of both teams. That is what impressed the most. The statistics indicating the Dolphins dominance in total yardage and time of possession can be relied upon as significant rather than be explained away.

Adam Gase made me a believer in him over the last two weeks with 2 moves that he's made. The first being putting Ryan Tannehill under Center and limiting his use of the fast-paced offense he was using the first four games of the season, the second move was going to the ground and pound style offense. My preference as a football fan has always been the Bill Parcells type of offense that was Smash Mouth. Adam Gase, has embraced it in part because of the health the offensive line, combined with the team finally understanding how the offense works. As far as being an overall believer I'm not sure yet but I like what I see. I want to see this style of offense and defense continue over the next 10 weeks and into future years. I think I'll become a Believer once I see continued success into December.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not believing until we make the playoffs. A couple years ago were were 8-6 and only needed to beat the Bills or Jets to get a wild card.. we scored a total of 7 points in those 2 games on our way to 8-8!

Back
Top Bottom