ATH on Sparano | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATH on Sparano

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just watching Around The Horn on ESPN. They all seemed to be on board, but the only one questioning the hire was Jay Mariotti. He said they could have gotten somebody better. The other three basically lashed back saying that the Parcells tree has turned out pretty good, and if this is Parcells decision then it is probably a good one. Woody Paige said with Sparano and Parcells, $25 million under the cap and the #1 draft pick, we are probably looking at an 8 win season next year.

One thing they all agreed on was that Sparano is going to have a long leash during the rebuilding process.

So three out of the four like the hire.

Just watching Around The Horn on ESPN. They all seemed to be on board, but the only one questioning the hire was Jay Mariotti. He said they could have gotten somebody better. The other three basically lashed back saying that the Parcells tree has turned out pretty good, and if this is Parcells decision then it is probably a good one. Woody Paige said with Sparano and Parcells, $25 million under the cap and the #1 draft pick, we are probably looking at an 8 win season next year.

One thing they all agreed on was that Sparano is going to have a long leash during the rebuilding process.

So three out of the four like the hire.

I'm very comfortable with what's playing out, with the possible exception being the leaks of the Sparano hiring.

What WH did with the Parcells hire is purchase a system. We have just plugged a fairly well respected head coaching candidate (or component of said system) into, well, a very similar system. Unlike any of the other three teams out there looking for a head coach, we know that our HC, GM, and Owner's Designee work well together. They won't agree on every decision, but there is now a system installed where three of the major pieces, vital for success, function well together to achieve a stated objective.

Not since Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones swept into Dallas, ...or Kraft, Paoli, & Belichick rolled into N.E. has a team been this properly setup for success. The only downside to this is that currently we're not a very good team. But neither was Dallas or New England at the time in question.

Our success won't happen immediately, or for that matter, painlessly, but the journey has begun.

Full speed ahead.

Welcome back Nub! I will now be logging on every evening at 12ish for the latest updates from the Herald, Sentinel and Palm Beach Post - brought to us by the one and only Nublar7. Great to have you back!

mariotti hates everything anyways.
Hates everything and NEVER owns up to it. I hate the fact that the show doesn't always make him or anyone else own up to predictions the day after. He'll aways say "no chance" while the others are less emphatic with predictions.

And if the underdog wins, he skips over the fact he predicted no chance and goes into why the team won or the other lost. Marriotti really is the most annoying guy and not funny guy on there. I mean, I don't wish Guillen goes Jim Everett on him, but ... ok maybe I would, it'd be funny.

Welcome back Nub! I will now be logging on every evening at 12ish for the latest updates from the Herald, Sentinel and Palm Beach Post - brought to us by the one and only Nublar7. Great to have you back!
Having a a job that starts at 7:30AM prevents me from staying up to midnight anymore. :(

Well I will accept them posted at 6:30, and waiting for me when I wake up then :)

Welcome back Josh, as you can tell, you've surely been missed! Marriotti is one of the most negative guys i've watched.

Back
Top Bottom