Atlanta Can Be Run On | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta Can Be Run On

mf52dolphin

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I took a look at some of Atlanta's statistics and discovered that they have not been good at stopping the run away from home. They gave up 163 yards in Seattle, 172 yards in Buffalo, and asthonsily 211 yards to the Saints(who already were without Duece McAlister) in San Antonio(we gave up 90 yards to the Saints last week). Atlanta is shorthanded in the linebacker area, with big-money free-agent Ed Hartwell and 3rd round pick Jordan Beck both out for the season, and the rushing stats point out that it is a problem.
This is a sign that they can be run on(182 yards per road game is a high level to give up), and that if we are as effective as we were last week, we can control the clock and win the game.

Their front four hasnt been producing like last season which is y they arent doing as well. We will either have a field day running or get stuffed ... i dont think there will be a middle ground

I think many of us knew that their front seven is primarily a pass rushing front seven

I just read the matchup on NFL.com. I didn't realize how many rookies they have playing on their front 7. They did a good job against the Jets, but that's about it.
If our defense can keep the score down, the offense can keep pounding at them. The Falcons seem to have the type of D-line that can ,at times make you look silly, but also can be gashed for big runs.
The only LB with experience is Brooking (Hartwell is out for the season). We should be able to ball control this defense. The Bucs, Panthers, Bills, Broncos and Jets all have better personnel.

mf52dolphin said:
I took a look at some of Atlanta's statistics and discovered that they have not been good at stopping the run away from home. They gave up 163 yards in Seattle, 172 yards in Buffalo, and asthonsily 211 yards to the Saints(who already were without Duece McAlister) in San Antonio(we gave up 90 yards to the Saints last week). Atlanta is shorthanded in the linebacker area, with big-money free-agent Ed Hartwell and 3rd round pick Jordan Beck both out for the season, and the rushing stats point out that it is a problem.
This is a sign that they can be run on(182 yards per road game is a high level to give up), and that if we are as effective as we were last week, we can control the clock and win the game.

You have one good rushing game and all I'm hearing is R&R this R&R that, come on guys stop being such homers, Yes we have had some troubles with the run earlier, but that was due to playing so many young players. We are improving and you will see that Sunday.

Datboy said:
You have one good rushing game and all I'm hearing is R&R this R&R that, come on guys stop being such homers, Yes we have had some troubles with the run earlier, but that was due to playing so many young players. We are improving and you will see that Sunday.
You will not stop R&R with the personnel you have up front right now. Have a nice day.:)

Datboy said:
you might want to look at the stats again the Fins have had more than 1 good running game....Maybe it was Rickys first but there had to be a first right???then a second and a third...

zeke0123 said:
you might want to look at the stats again the Fins have had more than 1 good running game....Maybe it was Rickys first but there had to be a first right???then a second and a third...

yes I think Ronnie has been right around 100 yds the last 4 or 5 games. Plus his catches. Point is, Ricky is starting to show signs, but either way, Ronnie is already doing great and will only get better. It's just that our playcalling has recently lead to both of them getting the ball enough to do well as a tandem. If our D holds and we get Ricky and Ronnie near 40 carries we have a great chance. If Vick can exploit our weak secondary, then we would have trouble. We'll see if he can. Luckily, his legs are what set him apart more than his arm with his Wr's. Not putting down his arm, he can launch it, but he doesn't seem to get the ball to his wideouts as much as they'd like. Honestly I'd be more afraid of a passin gleader against our secondary than a rushing beast like Vick. Should be interesting to see if he can put pressure on our offense to catch up. If not, we run at them double time!

Back
Top Bottom