Atlanta Falcons and Our Miami Dolphins, Only Two Teams That | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta Falcons and Our Miami Dolphins, Only Two Teams That

KTOWNFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The Falcons and Dolphins are the only two NFL football teams that have not been behind in any game at the end of regulation, since week one.

Yes it is true we lost two of those games where we were tied, but the bigger picture is how consistant this team has been. How they play for each other to keep us in games. How they are able to make in game adjustments to adversity. And how all three phases of the team play to one another's strengths.

This year's Miami Dolphins is the DEFINITION of "team". This is a great example of "the group is greater than the sum of it's parts".

I wasn't excited about Philbin at first, but I heard someone make a great comparison. He reminds me of Bill Walsh. Lets hope he can bring to Miami the kind of success Walsh brought to SF.

The "since week one" part disqualifies the Texans game...

interesting stat to think about for sure but does it really mean anything? seems like it could just as easily be an awesome coincindence

The "since week one" part disqualifies the Texans game...

interesting stat to think about for sure but does it really mean anything? seems like it could just as easily be an awesome coincindence
To me it does mean something. Think about it this way, the colts are also 4-3, but they have had some games where the opposing team threw something at them they were not prepared for, or situations (turnovers etc) got them out of games. We on the other hand play together as a team. When something goes wrong another unit picks up the slack. If the defense is having a bad day the offense steps in, if the offense is having a bad day the special teams steps in. Our coaching staff never seems out of options. That is why we are always around at the end, unlike other teams with more weapons, like the colts.

So to me what it means is that we are a well coached team, with great team chemistry. And in this league that can take you places!!!

A far more interesting tidbit is that the Chiefs, even with their one victory, have not lead at all in regulation, except for the final play of the opener against the Saints.

The Falcons and Dolphins are the only two NFL football teams that have not been behind in any game at the end of regulation, since week one.

Yes it is true we lost two of those games where we were tied, but the bigger picture is how consistant this team has been. How they play for each other to keep us in games. How they are able to make in game adjustments to adversity. And how all three phases of the team play to one another's strengths.

This year's Miami Dolphins is the DEFINITION of "team". This is a great example of "the group is greater than the sum of it's parts".

I wasn't excited about Philbin at first, but I heard someone make a great comparison. He reminds me of Bill Walsh. Lets hope he can bring to Miami the kind of success Walsh brought to SF.
This reflex the fact that team should have a better record (6-1) if Carpenter have been precise.

This reflex the fact that team should have a better record (6-1) if Carpenter have been precise.
I agree, and just as important, it should give us great confidence that we will be prepared to win the games we should win. A well prepared team, who knows how to play together, is hard to knock off.

The only game I am now concerned with is this week's Colts game, but having said that I feel good that this team could end up 7-3 after 10 games.

I agree, and just as important, it should give us great confidence that we will be prepared to win the games we should win. A well prepared team, who knows how to play together, is hard to knock off.

The only game I am now concerned with is this week's Colts game, but having said that I feel good that this team could end up 7-3 after 10 games.
I agree, one game at a time, but a small part of me thinks about waking up and looking at the standings and seeing Miami there at 7-3 and a that feeling. After the 0-? starts and such, this is what we've been waiting for. But first things first, let's go TCOB against the Colts.

The Atlanta Falcons have one weapon that we do not...

Matt Bosher.

mattbosher52012nflnfcwildcardplayoff1w2C-1.jpg

What about the first game with the Jets? Weren't they up 20-17 in the last few minutes? Sometimes I drink too much and my memory isn't so good anymore but I thought the Dolphins had to drive for a FG in the last minute of regulation. I might be wrong I'm hitting middle age and a little bit of alcohol kills my memory anymore.

What about the first game with the Jets? Weren't they up 20-17 in the last few minutes? Sometimes I drink too much and my memory isn't so good anymore but I thought the Dolphins had to drive for a FG in the last minute of regulation. I might be wrong I'm hitting middle age and a little bit of alcohol kills my memory anymore.

Nope you are correct!

NOPE!!! You are wrong, the game went to overtime. Games don't usually go to overtime if one team is leading at end of regulation. :idk:

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Nope you are correct!
Nope, he is INCORRECT!!!!

NOPE!!! You are wrong, the game went to overtime. Games don't usually go to overtime if one team is leading at end of regulation. :idk:

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Nope, he is INCORRECT!!!!

I thought it was meaning the whole game (Not including overtime)... We only been down in regulation once since week 1.

Back
Top Bottom