Atlanta installed as 2 point fav over Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta installed as 2 point fav over Miami

I think that should be taken as quite a compliment, actually. Only a 2 point underdog against a team like the Falcons. I don't expect us to steal a win here, it would be nice, but I just don't expect it...

And actually, I would be more afraid if we DO steal the victory, unless the Falcons play really well and we just play better. I don't want to see this team regressing, and having another victory where we should probably lose may result in the team regressing yet again. Right now we should be happy that we're a team that beats the opponents we should beat, and loses to teh opponents we should lose to. You can mold a winner out of clay like that. But when you're a team that loses to teams you should not lose to, and beats teams you should not beat, your teachings will find very little traction.

To me, it is obvious that, barring a change at QB, we are not yet a great team, and even if we beat the Falcons next Sunday, it would be a mistake to think we are a great team.

ckparrothead said:
I think that should be taken as quite a compliment, actually. Only a 2 point underdog against a team like the Falcons. I don't expect us to steal a win here, it would be nice, but I just don't expect it...

And actually, I would be more afraid if we DO steal the victory, unless the Falcons play really well and we just play better. I don't want to see this team regressing, and having another victory where we should probably lose may result in the team regressing yet again. Right now we should be happy that we're a team that beats the opponents we should beat, and loses to teh opponents we should lose to. You can mold a winner out of clay like that. But when you're a team that loses to teams you should not lose to, and beats teams you should not beat, your teachings will find very little traction.

To me, it is obvious that, barring a change at QB, we are not yet a great team, and even if we beat the Falcons next Sunday, it would be a mistake to think we are a great team.

Ck you think we pull this one off

The reason I think we win against the falcons is we have always given Vick trouble running... our weakness right now is in the passing game, and Vick has been struggling mightily in that area. If we can keep Dunn in check it all comes down to how well we can run the ball... and with Ricky back on track I think we will be able to control the clock and keep control of the game tempo by doing so.

I think it will be close... but we squeak out another win.

I think we take this one CK, and I think it would be a GOOD sign if we do. I think your theory of the "should" wins and losses is a sound one in terms of the "teaching traction" aspect of it, but I don't think it takes into account the quickness with which teams can change and get on rolls in this league. For example, the Chargers were coming off a 4-12 season last year -- did they spend their entire 12-4 season beating teams they should've lost to? Was that a bad thing for them? My point is, how do you know who you should beat and lose to? And if you get stuck thinking that you should lose to the good teams, how do you ever get over the hump and finally become a good team yourself?

THIS is the kind of game that gets a team over the hump. We're underdogs in our own backyard, and any team that has any pride in itself should use that as motivation. And if we have Seau coming back I can see this team being VERY spirited out there. This is a chance to get a win streak started by beating a high-quality team. Then after we win we may just get to think that we SHOULD beat some of the better teams in the league.

shouright said:
I think we take this one CK, and I think it would be a GOOD sign if we do. I think your theory of the "should" wins and losses is a sound one in terms of the "teaching traction" aspect of it, but I don't think it takes into account the quickness with which teams can change and get on rolls in this league. For example, the Chargers were coming off a 4-12 season last year -- did they spend their entire 12-4 season beating teams they should've lost to? Was that a bad thing for them? My point is, how do you know who you should beat and lose to? And if you get stuck thinking that you should lose to the good teams, how do you ever get over the hump and finally become a good team yourself?

THIS is the kind of game that gets a team over the hump. We're underdogs in our own backyard, and any team that has any pride in itself should use that as motivation. And if we have Seau coming back I can see this team being VERY spirited out there. This is a chance to get a win streak started by beating a high-quality team. Then after we win we may just get to think that we SHOULD beat some of the better teams in the league.

great post

I went to the Stardust and they had Atlanta -2.5 and the total 40.5.

I expected the number to be 3 or 3.5. I'm fairly confident the number will go up to 3. I just can't see Miami money at only +2 or +2.5. You would have to think the price eventually hits at least 3, but it might not happen until the day of the game.

Ross said:
With the over/under set at 39.5

I thought the spread would at least be Atlanta by 3.5. Maybe they expect Schab to start?

Odds

the reason is that we are at home. We play much better at home. Denver and carolina both gave us 3 points and we beat them straight up. Our last home game we lost to the chiefs and we were giving 1 point that game. Now its the falcons giving us a 3.5. This game should be very competitive and we must stop vick on 3rd down. He will rollout to his left..oh you guys know the rest

Back
Top Bottom