3rdandinches

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Atlanta's defense:

Pts allowed: 21.3 good for 21st in NFL
Yds allowed: 391.7 good for 31st in NFL
Passing Yds: 262.3 good for 31st in NFL
Rushing Yds: 129.3 good for 25th in NFL

Loss of Grady Jackson DT, D. Foxworth CB, L. Milloy S (2nd in tackles) and K.Brooking (3rd in tackles) is huge in my books. They already sucked defending the pass last year and now have one of the youngest and most inexperienced secondaries in the league. Loften is a beast in the middle and an aging M.Peterson replaces Brooking in the LB spot. P.Jerry replaces a very dependable Grady Jackson on the Dline. All their pressure came from J.Abraham (16.5 sacks) who's a beast coming off the edge.

Their defense is relatively young and is the obvious weak spot. If J.Long can slow Abraham down we will have a huge advantage in this game. We need to just play our normal offensive game mixing up the run and pass and the points will come.

Now on the flip side their "vaunted" Offense:

Pts: 24.3 good for 3rd in NFL
Yds: 306 good for 16th in NFL
Passing Yds:185 good for 23rd in NFL
Rushing Yds: 121 good for 10th in NFL

The loss of H.Douglas is a big blow for them he was expected to take a major step this year but it has been eased with the addition of T.Gonzalez. R.White is an emerging star and has a great flow going with M.Ryan. Turner is the one player that we need to slow down on Offense with paying special attention to T.G and R.W in the pass game.

Overall I think their offense is getting way to much credit, this is not NE or Indy by any stretch of the imagination. Don't get me wrong I think their good but nothing a solid pass rush and a good run defense can't handle. 1st down is the key in stopping this team, forcing them in 2nd and long and getting the ball out of Turner's hands will allow the pass rush to tee off on Ryan. We're not going to shut out this team but slowing them down is crucial. Our offense will play a huge role in our defensive plan, long methodical drives mixing up the offense will keep Ryan and Turner at bay while resting our guys up. We we're great at this last year and I don't see why we can't continue that against a very average if not less then average Atlanta defense.

Game Prediction: 24-13 Miami Dolphins (1-0)

Score first and play well early is the key to the game. We can't allow them to have a great start at home in the dome like Arizona did to us last year.

Last Year

Atlanta was a perfect 11-0 when scoring first.

Atlanta was 0-6 when their opponents scored first (incl playoff game).

If the Dolphins out play them in the 1st quarter and score some points we have a chance of winning.

I think we match up well with them... I think they are a defense that Pennington can kill SLOWLY... As his preferred method... The best way to limit Ryan and Turner is to keep them off the field...

Actually I think ST's will be huge for us as well... They have got to get STOPS... Clean up the tackling and not allow Ryan shorter field.

But this game is on Penny's shoulders. IMO.

for what it's worth, Atlanta traded for CB Tye Hill. he was a former first-round pick but is more decent than good IMO. anyway, probably an upgrade for them.

for what it's worth, Atlanta traded for CB Tye Hill. he was a former first-round pick but is more decent than good IMO. anyway, probably an upgrade for them.

Yea, just saw that. That's too bad - he definitely helps them. Wish they could have held off for just another 2 weeks.

Yea, just saw that. That's too bad - he definitely helps them. Wish they could have held off for just another 2 weeks.

He's just another smallish cornerback which they already have plenty of. He's 5'10.

And Hill sucks, he's slow because of his bad knees.. He lost the speed he had.

He's damaged goods

http://fantasy.ballhype.com/article/tye_hill_s_knee_still_a_problem_tye_hill_db_st_louis/

Tye Hill's knee still a problem - Tye Hill (DB) St. Louis Rams
10 Aug 2009

Rams CB Tye Hill is having more problems with his surgically repaired knee, coach Steve Spagnuolo revealed Tuesday
^^ 3 weeks ago.

Put Ginn on him and goodnight Charlie.

Overall I think their offense is getting way to much credit, this is not NE or Indy by any stretch of the imagination. )

Their offense has the possiblity to be a top 3 offense this year honestly. They may not have a Randy Moss or a Wes Welker but they definately have White who is a very exciting Reciever to watch at times.

They also have M. Turner who imo is #2 Rb in the league right now. And they have one if not the greatest TE in the history of the NFL who can still Ball.

Ryan has proved that he has the confidence and ablity to lead that offense.

Their OL is not bad, they have gotten really lucky with some draft picks on the line that have really locked it down.

They really can be dangerous. If we do not stop Turner or provide pressure on Ryan we are toast.

Our D may be better then their D but their O is well advanced compared to ours.
Chubbs

Their offense has the possiblity to be a top 3 offense this year honestly. They may not have a Randy Moss or a Wes Welker but they definately have White who is a very exciting Reciever to watch at times.

They also have M. Turner who imo is #2 Rb in the league right now. And they have one if not the greatest TE in the history of the NFL who can still Ball.

Ryan has proved that he has the confidence and ablity to lead that offense.

Their OL is not bad, they have gotten really lucky with some draft picks on the line that have really locked it down.

They really can be dangerous. If we do not stop Turner or provide pressure on Ryan we are toast.

Our D may be better then their D but their O is well advanced compared to ours.
Chubbs

Your assumming Ryan lights it up in his 2nd year, personally I see his numbers right around his first year with maybe a couple more TD's. They have no number two or three WR to compliment White and TG, I did state they will be good but top 3 in offense is pushing it. Turner is the key and we need to slow him down.

Your assumming Ryan lights it up in his 2nd year, personally I see his numbers right around his first year with maybe a couple more TD's. They have no number two or three WR to compliment White and TG, I did state they will be good but top 3 in offense is pushing it. Turner is the key and we need to slow him down.

They have solid pieces at receiver nothin special behind White but Jenkins is about as good as any second receiver than we can trot out.

Back
Top Bottom