atlanta will be the true test | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

atlanta will be the true test

corona683

Active Roster
Reaction score
even though its pre-season, even though vick's not playing. i think this game will set the tone of the Fins. it will basicly solidify the nucleus of this team.

Without Vick, I don't see why it should be the real test. Even with Vick, its a dress rehearsal.

Doesn't matter if the Phins win or lose. I'm looking to see improvement in the passing game and Ricky Williams with a good average on 15-20 carries.

On D i'm looking for a positive TO ratio.

Yeah I would definitely like to see some turnovers. I don't think we've had any turnovers yet in preseason have we? Considering guys like Sammy and Junior were brought in for their big play abilities rather than going with safer speedy guys like Rodgers and Arturo...I would have expected more TOs by now.

Originally posted by corona683
even though its pre-season, even though vick's not playing. i think this game will set the tone of the Fins. it will basicly solidify the nucleus of this team.

It's a better test, the real test is the reg-season.

Oliver...

DAMN 15-20 carries for Ricky? There was some games last season when he had less than that. Ricky will get 10 carries, tops.

Originally posted by Sherif
Doesn't matter if the Phins win or lose. I'm looking to see improvement in the passing game and Ricky Williams with a good average on 15-20 carries.

On D i'm looking for a positive TO ratio.

I hope they don't run Ricky 15 to 20 times. They need to work on the passing game. Teams will stack 8 men in the box until they show they can beat a team with the pass.

If Houston is any kind of a contest it will be a real long year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Puncho
If Houston is any kind of a contest it will be a real long year.

Unlike the Atlanta game, the Houston game counts. Although not to be a homer, but we will win the Houston game big time!

Originally posted by booyeah_

Unlike the Atlanta game, the Houston game counts. Although not to be a homer, but we will win the Houston game big time!

We'd better win the houston game or it will be a long season. btw I hope Ricky doesn't run 10-15 times, suseptible to more injuries in the running game than the passing game..The pass is a cleaner play. Run get bodies flying all over the place, leg whips and all. Keep it vanilla and keep working on the passing game with a run every 5th play.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

We'd better win the houston game or it will be a long season. btw I hope Ricky doesn't run 10-15 times, suseptible to more injuries in the running game than the passing game..The pass is a cleaner play. Run get bodies flying all over the place, leg whips and all. Keep it vanilla and keep working on the passing game with a run every 5th play.

If Houston beats us, it's over! We'd be the laughingstock of the league. Fortunately, we will destroy them just like we did Detroit last year.

BTW, if Atlanta play like they did against the Ravens, we won't know much about our team. The Raven's D ate them for lunch. the ravens are still missing a starting QB unless Boller continues to get real good before PS ends.

Back
Top Bottom