Atleast 1 of 4 things needs to happen before the draft! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atleast 1 of 4 things needs to happen before the draft!

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
-Sign Antonio Bryant- He is a borderline #1 who would easily be the best receiver on this team. He would be the deep threat this team desperately needs and would get us those "chunk yards". He wants to come back home, please bring him home!

-Sign OJ Atogwe or Darren Sharper- Mike Nolan needs a veteran safety to hold down the back end of the defense! Clemons isn't ready to start. Atogwe, I realize seems unlikely to even get a call which I dont understand, the guys a playmaker. Sharper, would obviously be a stop gap and Im not for bringing in the "old guy" but he's a ball hawk.

-Trade for Shaun Rogers- This guy has consistently been on bad teams so we all sometimes forget about his talent. The guys a beast! Trade him for our 4th, maybe a conditional 3rd. He should have 4 years left in him!

-Trade Thigpen or Pennington (maybe even Pat White)- Obviously we're not keeping 4 QBs on the roster. And I find it odd there was a trade bonus applied to Penningtons contract. Id take a 4th round pick for one of the two. Pat White, I'm not sure what the compensation should be.

EDIT: Resign Jason Taylor! I think that'll get done after the draft. I personally feel he was our best LB last year. (Wake was basically playing D-end)

Pennington will not be traded, because then we'd have to pay him 2 mill.

Thigpen will be gone. #2 is the most likely.

Penny has a no trade clause in his contract.

I like how you think but I don't think any of those have a very good chance to pan out.

Pennigton never got the trade clause he requested he gets 1.5 mil if traded.

Penny has a no trade clause in his contract.
No he doesn't, they compromised. Instead of the no-trade clause he wanted, he gets a $1.5 million bonus if he is traded.

But who would trade for him when he could have been had for nothing? Thigpen seems like the only realistic trade because of this and because there's no use in accepting a very low pick for White (he has slim to no trade value).

It doesn't have to happen, it just makes the draft much easier and much more flexible.

I like the way you think Mandal24. Doesn't appear that the Dolphins share our opinion of Antonio Bryant, sad to say. I expect them to go after Sharper soon.

I think Miami is going to have to make the best with what they have at WR in 2010. And I think it is much better than what people are saying. The trend is wrong. With Henne starting from day on ein 2010, he will throw for over 3000 yards with the WRs already on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom