Attendance is going to be dismal this season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attendance is going to be dismal this season

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have no doubts that attendance is going to be awful this season and worse than usual. I hope the coaching staff and GM realize this. There is no doubt that the organization is planning for our future but the team is essentially conceding this season by trading away our best players without bringing in talent to replace them. At some point you have to give the fans something to work with and enjoy. Since Philbin has gotten here, we have subtracted, subtracted, subtracted. The fans bring in a majority of the revenue and without fans, the team will cease to exist.

As a fan, it's going to be embarrassing to see more than half of Dolphin Stadium empty. Not looking forward to it.

Did you think Ireland and Co. would trade guys away and still assume attendance would be great? They have to be smart enough to realize people might not show up b/c we don't know what they're trying to accomplish

Correction, we DO KNOW what they are trying to accomplish...a pathetic team and organization.

Ireland is very successful based on this. He is nearly 70% complete with this 3 year plan.

I don't think anyone should be embarrassed that the fanbase doesn't enjoy supporting moves they disagree with. It's a shame the organization is such inept chaos, because Tannehill is very worth getting excited about even if everything around him is not so much.

It's unfortunate ... There are so many of us that wish we had an opptunity to watch the Dolphins.

Let's get into the actual season before we start tearing the new staff apart.

As has been said a million times, When the team starts winning the fans will come.

Let's get into the actual season before we start tearing the new staff apart.

As has been said a million times, When the team starts winning the fans will come.

This.

I used that argument when Jacksonville was rumored to draft Tebow(for ticket sales) and when Ross wanted to do the red carpet/nightclub/celebrity owner stuff thats been going on over the past few years.

All is forgiven in victory. The Steelers never have trouble selling out tickets. Packers no problem. Patriots. etc. The surest way to get attendance and sales up is wins.

To have a winner there always has to be a loser...I think the NFL would be much better off as a league if the balance of power shifted more often than the mega franchise setup they have now where you know 3/4 of the playoff picture before the 1st snap and those same teams are there for a decade.
I know...I know...The Fins have had their decade in the Sun but having lived through both cycles now I have learned parity is good. We have been down 3x as long as we were up but the Steelers/Packers/Giants/Pats/Indy/ect are constants and the league should see the benefit of rotating winners.

Just sayen...throw us a bone

that place had crickets in it for the 3rd preseason game...the following in south florida is terrible or at least it sure looks that way to outsiders...but i guess with ireland and ross there's only so much crap one can take

As opposed to the past couple of years?

I really think they ought to consider painting those orange seats a different color. On TV that bright orange really stands out. They should paint murals or people on the seats so it looks like the stadium is at least half full.

The great vontae has let us know we don't have a snow balls chance in hell to win any games..smh and we aren't even done with the 4th preseason game...ill at least watch the games to determine that notion first instead of hopping off a bridge now like 90% of this board has.

Those few that attend the game are TRUE fans and they should be praised for their loyalty.

The fans WILL fill the seats come next year and the following years ahead. Why? Ryan and Joe WILL put a winning product on the field in the coming seasons...just be patient and supportive of our squad. So stop crying and man up: things will gel, watch.

I am still going to make my annual trip from Pennsylvania down to Miami to see the Dolphins play. I don't care if the team is 1-15 or 15-1, I still look forward every year to going to the game. The main reason why I purchased DirecTV back in 2003 was because I wanted to be able to watch the Dolphins out of state. I don't care if the team is predicted to be bad, I still look forward to the games every week.

Back
Top Bottom