Attention 2016/2017 season Finheaven lurkers! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention 2016/2017 season Finheaven lurkers!

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I posted this thread last year and I thought it was a really good read - so lets do it again! So come on lukers of FH, give us your annual post!

Are you excited for the season? Do you like Gase? Do you think this season is going to make you want to slit your wrists?

You listen to our crap all year, tell us what you think for a change.

Still can't believe some of you have been here for over 10 years and haven't made 100 posts :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the season, and like the energy Gase has brought. Hoping for good health for the team and hopefully an exciting offense.

Now, I'll go back into hibernation for 6 months from posting!

Always look forward to a new season then have my hopes dashed again within a few weeks of the season. This season we have massive potential in the trenches with a near all first round O-line and one of the best D-lines if they all stay fit - its just a shame the rest of the D needs so much work. Hope Ryan steps up this year as there will be no excuse with Gase in charge and the weapons around him.

Hoping for a wild card place and maybe win - flying over to Orlando in late December/early Jan so a nice playoff game in Hard Rock please

Realistic - 9-7 at best

now back into the darkness of internet stalking for me :)

I loved this thread last year because it brought out a lot of intelligent insight from those who choose not to post often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the ones last year who don't post would post full time. Some very good info from intelligent posters.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Not expecting playoffs, but looking forward to a season where play calling and personal decisions aren't such head scratchers.

Gase seems like the real deal. Could just be the honeymoon phase of a new coach, or the fact that Philbin set the bar so low. Time will tell.

Wanna see what Tannehill can do with a little time to throw this year. Shame it doesn't look like he'll have much of a running game to work off of.

Hopefully DVP can get(and STAY) healthy. He changes the whole dynamic of the offense.

Looking forward to seeing what Joseph can do with the defence. Corner and linebacker scare me. If he can turn this group into an above average group, then colour me impressed!

Really want them to be more competitive in division games this year. It's really disheartening to get stomped by the bills and jets every year. That's the one thing that sucks the life outta the season for me! Especially living in southern Ontario, and being surrounded bills fans

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Haven't posted in a while, but still lurking. I think we will be competitive for the division this year, as long as we stay somewhat healthy and our young players develop a bit ahead of pace. I think Landry and Cameron will lead the receiving group production in Gases offense. Tanny will benefit greatly from having Christiansen. Here's to another season of Dolphins football!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

It is what it is really, this team is really tought to predict, on one hand we got an offensive minded coach to work with a QB thats capable of the better & the worst, a talented but unproven WR corp, an Oline with 1st rounder across theh board, yet still viewed as a weakness, rb with as much potential than question marks, so the offense could get it done, but it's far from a sure thing. On the other hand, I don't see too much on the defensive side to get excited about, very suspect dbs beside Jones, even more suspect LBs, the Dline should be able to rush the QB, but like last year, if you can't stop the run, you're not in position to rush the Qb, from what I saw so far, this Defense doesn't look physical enough to stop the run. If everything goes right, i could see us make a playoff push, but a couple of key injuries and this team will go down the drain.

I loved this thread last year because it brought out a lot of intelligent insight from those who choose not to post often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the ones last year who don't post would post full time. Some very good info from intelligent posters.

Ssh. You will scare them off

Every year I am hopeful, and every year get disappointed. My son is 13 and has not seen anything like the Marino times; but he is a diehard Dolphins fan in Texas. I hope this is the year; Gase is the magic we need and hope RT lights up the scoreboard. I know the secondary is in dire straits. Hope the D line keeps it together and our OL can provide Foster a few runs and RT some deep throws. I would be happy if we win one game against each of our division opponents. Against one of them we win twice. It is a magical season.

I lurk everyday and post time to time.

I definitely am ready for the upcoming season. I have tempered my expectations for any chance of playoffs but I do want to see this team play with fire and compete every single week. I really do like Gase and I think he is going to be a great coach.

Phins up!

I am cautiously optimistic about this year, not neciassarly about our chances in the playoffs this year I feel our schedule is brutal but coming together as a team with one goal, one mind.
I really think gase is the best head coach we've had in Miami (I know I'm going to get blasted for this) since Saban even though he proved to be a better collage coach. I feel like he knows how to find mismatches and gets the best out of his players and this is huge they want to win for him.
Not enough can be said about Cam Wake, dudes not human

Not sure what I want more this year... the Dolphins to actually look like a good team, or the clown show to be big enough to get Tannenbaum fired.

Not optimistic for either one. :(
But at least the odds are much higher for the first one! That's a bright side! Sorta...

I really think gase is the best head coach we've had in Miami (I know I'm going to get blasted for this) since Saban even though he proved to be a better collage coach.

I think only a small minority will blast you for this sentiment.

A lot of us believe that Nick Saban was a really good coach and a really crummy General Manager.

I think Gase will have the Phins in prime position to take over the AFC East in his 3rd season which will also be at the end of Brady's career.
Until then, I'm just going to continue to be pissed off at this team one day per week and love them the other 6.

Back
Top Bottom