Attention 2016/2017 season Finheaven lurkers! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention 2016/2017 season Finheaven lurkers!

I have no idea what this year will be like as most don't but I hope hiring Gase is going in the right direction. I hope Ross will give him the opportunity to get it right. Philbin was bad but I was always hopeful. Hope lives as it always should.

Always look forward to the start of the season. Enthusiasm is always there, even if we are having a crappy year. We now have a coach that looks like he has an idea on offence, which is a blessing. The FO is meh, and although it appears that they try to get things right, not often do the results show that.

Don't think we will have a great season, 9-7 and miss playoffs. But it's a slight improvement. I just hope Tanny has a break out season. But I think the defence will struggle, and the lb, CBS will be our letdown.

Just my bit.

I have been a Dolphins fan since I was 4 years old, 1971. That's me in my avatar in 1976, in front of Nick Buoniconti and Mercury Morris posters in my bedroom. I grew up in the town of Greece, NY, just west of Rochester, where there are tons of Dolphins fans. I started collecting football cards and watching football religiously at such an early age, my son has followed in my footsteps, but without me "pushing" it on him. Love that. I currently live in Jupiter, FL, a little over an hour north of "The Rock". Due to my work schedule, travelling, etc., I get to maybe 3 games per year. Last year, my first game was vs. Texans, I felt like it was 1983 again with that blowout win. I lost my voice by the second quarter, because that's what fans do for their team, right? Haha.

The first 20+ years of my life, the Dolphins were almost always in the playoffs and were the "winningest team in all of sports" up until about 7 years ago. The last 20+ years have been pretty rough, but my passion, loyalty, hopes for this team will apparently never change. With that being said, I really have a good feeling about the new coaching staff, can't wait to see their game plans and game day decisions from week to week. One of the biggest changes made for Tannehill to succeed is the fact that Gase is allowing him to run the offense, audible. You know, like how any other successful QB's in this league have done for the last 50+ years...haha. As for Sherman, Philbin and Lazor, if they were really good coaches, they would have taught Tannehill how to run the offense like a field general, you know, where the action is. I believe their egos got in the way of that.

There are so many variables that go into a winning football season, it's not just the QB play, but injuries, turnovers, team chemistry, coaching decisions etc. This is and always will be the ultimate TEAM sport, I love that. My hope for this year, as is every year, is to get to the playoffs and be hot at the end of the season, ya never know! I really have no clue what to expect, but I truly believe we won't get a "feel" for this team until around midway through the season. We have to see how they react to adversity and also how they react to big wins after the first two games (wishful thinking? haha). I'm going to simply enjoy my three hours per week watching our beloved TEAM play some football, hopefully all of you awesome posters on here will do the same. I thank you all for your insight and Miami Dolphins passion. Phins Up!!!!

I wish the ones last year who don't post would post full time. Some very good info from intelligent posters.

I know.

Too many jagoffs like that bump dude, who just spout random drunken nonsense because they're bored.

Back
Top Bottom