ATTENTION Dolphin Fans From Across The Nation WITH Directv... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTENTION Dolphin Fans From Across The Nation WITH Directv...

Town&Country

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have Directv but have dropped the Sunday Ticket in hopes of getting a better deal than $315 for the year. However, it was recently brought to my attention that Week 1 the Sunday Ticket is free to anyone who uses Directv no matter the package you have.

Hit menu on your controller and scroll to your TV messages, you will see it in there.

I never look at the messages but, once it was brought to my attention through one of our best posters (sadbrad), sure enough, it was there.

Hope this helps some of you guys out, the game is on, and... Game On!!

Thanks. I dropped it too this year. Having to pay extra for HD was the final straw.

Thanks. I dropped it too this year. Having to pay extra for HD was the final straw.

They dropped the paying extra for HD this year... it is included in the total price. There is no superfan package from what I know...

Although I dropped it, I'll be calling them the Tuesday after the Mia/Buff game...

Isn't this the thing people have been calling in and threatening to cancel so they could get a better deal?

The only thing is that I don't believe it is any cheaper after week 1. Even after watching the 1st game, it will cost the same price in week 2. There isn't usually a discount until after mid-season.

Isn't this the thing people have been calling in and threatening to cancel so they could get a better deal?

Yes, it is... and I Will Cancel Directv permanantly if they don't give me something around the 2 or 225 range for the ticket. We already have fios hooked up to the house (how I type) so either I get a deal or I cancel and watch at my local BBB/the house if its on.

Still, week one, Dolphins @ Bills is FREE if you have Directv...

I called and complained about the price and threatened to leave. They gave me half off the Sunday ticket since I was a long time customer and they wanted to keep me. Call and they may work a deal with you.

I called and complained about the price and threatened to leave. They gave me half off the Sunday ticket since I was a long time customer and they wanted to keep me. Call and they may work a deal with you.

Thanks Cannonboy... thats basically where I'm at. Half off would be excellent... although even $100 off would be great. Its not so much the money, its the principle of the thing.

I have Directv but have dropped the Sunday Ticket in hopes of getting a better deal than $315 for the year. However, it was recently brought to my attention that Week 1 the Sunday Ticket is free to anyone who uses Directv no matter the package you have.

Hit menu on your controller and scroll to your TV messages, you will see it in there.

I never look at the messages but, once it was brought to my attention through one of our best posters (sadbrad), sure enough, it was there.

Hope this helps some of you guys out, the game is on, and... Game On!!

Guys, guys...the trick is to automatically get transferred to 'CANCELATIONS'....they look at the call log...so I've done, my friends have done it, and it worked last year too...

*You call a few times. Say you have a friend that has 'FREE' SUNDAY NFL TICKET...they will say yes but thats for new customers...then ask is their a deal you can offer...they will first lowball you...then hang up.

Call a second time and request 'CANCELATIONS'....this time you calmly, not angry, but calmly and definitely say..."I want to cancel my DirecTV" They will kindly ask "May we ask why?"

Just tell them..."Nah, I called earlier and they didn't want to give me no good deal on the NFL Ticket...so 'If Im not going to have NFL Ticket then I might as well go with a cheaper provider and watch the games with my friend who has it FOR FREE'"

The guy will tell you to hold on while he gets a supervisor....THEY WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE....that's right for FREE...trust me.

Last year I got the Ticket for only $100 (included the Superfan) plus $10 off my monthly bill for 12 months....this year I got it for FREE, PLUS "all" the premium channels for FREE for 2 months....AND $10 off my bill for 12 months...

Trust me guys...always go directly (no pun intended) to CANCELATIONS and let them know you know a friend who has the ticket for FREE and that you want to cancel....works EVERY TIME...

Guys, guys...the trick is to automatically get transferred to 'CANCELATIONS'....they look at the call log...so I've done, my friends have done it, and it worked last year too...

*You call a few times. Say you have a friend that has 'FREE' SUNDAY NFL TICKET...they will say yes but thats for new customers...then ask is their a deal you can offer...they will first lowball you...then hang up.

Call a second time and request 'CANCELATIONS'....this time you calmly, not angry, but calmly and definitely say..."I want to cancel my DirecTV" They will kindly ask "May we ask why?"

Just tell them..."Nah, I called earlier and they didn't want to give me no good deal on the NFL Ticket...so 'If Im not going to have NFL Ticket then I might as well go with a cheaper provider and watch the games with my friend who has it FOR FREE'"

The guy will tell you to hold on while he gets a supervisor....THEY WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE....that's right for FREE...trust me.

Last year I got the Ticket for only $100 (included the Superfan) plus $10 off my monthly bill for 12 months....this year I got it for FREE, PLUS "all" the premium channels for FREE for 2 months....AND $10 off my bill for 12 months...

Trust me guys...always go directly (no pun intended) to CANCELATIONS and let them know you know a friend who has the ticket for FREE and that you want to cancel....works EVERY TIME...

Thanks man... I will refer back to this post on 9/14/10 when I call them. I am not on a contract anymore so It should provide me with more leverage.

Thanks for the heads up. I know DirecTV has had a free trial week 1 the last couple years. Wasn't sure if they were doing it again this year.

Thanks man... I will refer back to this post on 9/14/10 when I call them. I am not on a contract anymore so It should provide me with more leverage.

No problem....glad to help a fellow Dolfan out....just go as close to the script...and watch the magic work...

Back
Top Bottom