Attention Mods | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Reaction score
This is 2 Pistolz, and one of the mods on this forum banned me because my signature was "too big" although I asked somebody who uses dial up how it loads, and they said just like any other image. This was the image, so for it to bother anybody...you'd have to go out of your way, save it, check the size, and then complain(meaning it was more than likely a stereotypical issue). Obviously what is on the picture must of ticked off somebody who dislikes hip hop, because who would honestly guess that THIS pic is too big:

(edited: oops, nevermind..this forum doesn't allow you to post an image unless you have 5 posts, and I don't even have a post count)

Instead of doing what a moderator SHOULD & is SUPPOSED to do, which is to handle such a minor incident(I mean, seriously, a signature that is 400x400 and not even a huge GIF? How picky can you get) via PM's...I was banned for no reason at all, and probably because of past issues involving me & this forum/that moderator, and because some moderators may not like the fact that I speak my mind instead of playing the kiss up game. I can't PM until I have 50 posts and I'm not gonna spam the forums to reach that. So, yall need to handle that issue here..

Sh-t, only reason that's not under 40kb is because it is a PNG file, which doesn't take longer to load. Some of the mods here are too damn protective, and I don't even post on the main boards outside of Sundays. The only places I post in are the Official Hip Hop Thread & occasionally elsewhere. :shakeno:

Your signature image was over 100KB, all THREE times that I edited it. I warned you the second time that if you did it again, you would get time off. You did it again, now you have 24 hours off to realize the rules apply to you also. Your suspension was due to your stubborn refusal to follow a simple request, it had nothing to do with the nonsense in this post.--mod

poisonphin said:
Wow that sucks.

Yes...it does suck that people continuously refuse to adhere to the TOS.
He was warned several times, got banned for 24hrs, because he BLATANTLY did the exact same thing AGAIN.... then he has the gall to re-register (also against TOS) and complain about it?

yeah...that does suck.:shakeno:

WharfRat said:
Yes...it does suck that people continuously refuse to adhere to the TOS.
He was warned several times, got banned for 24hrs, because he BLATANTLY did the exact same thing AGAIN.... then he has the gall to re-register (also against TOS) and complain about it?

yeah...that does suck.:shakeno:

A signature quote from you:

Since you choose to ignore the rules and ignore your warning, you get to have some time off.-mod
I re-sized it before I put it back up, so don't blame me because you decided not to check. :rolleyes:

That photo size doesn't take any time to load at all, and wasn't bothering anybody but you. You act as if it is an animated GIF that actually takes time to load. I don't even post anywhere outside of the hip hop forum(save the occasional post), so leave it be. It's not bothering anybody.. :shakeno:

See, there you go....that is the last one I had up, it's 41 KB. There is a mod with a 41 KB sig. You banned me because my first one was 136 KB then I re-sized it to 41 KB after your warning. You didn't check the size to see whether or not I re-sized it, you just assumed. Admit that you were wrong & let it rest. There's not even a need for you to respond.

& why did you change my user title to Cedric Benson Bandwagon?

A: It wasn't me who did any of that.

B: You act like you were never told about the size limit.

C: It really doesn't matter how long you think it takes anything to load, what matters is the rules you agreed to when you signed up. If you can't follow them, you'll be banned. Period.

According to our records, the sig size went from 136K to 118K to 105K.

...banned me because my signature was "too big" although I asked somebody who uses dial up how it loads, and they said just like any other image.

If you download at 7K/sec, it takes 19.5 seconds to download a non-cached 136K image.

It's not your responsibility to set site policy. Your responsibility is to comply with it.

so for it to bother anybody...you'd have to go out of your way, save it, check the size, and then complain(meaning it was more than likely a stereotypical issue).

Actually, all you have to do is right-click on an image and select Properties to see its size. If you're using Firefox, it goes ahead and translates it to kilobytes for you.

WharfRat said:
B: You act like you were never told about the size limit.
^I don't check for the sizes of my images unless they are animated GIF's, because there is something wrong with my photoshop. The easiest thing to do is upload it, then check. But nobody allowed me to do that. Instead of pm'ing me or something, the moderator threw a fit and banned me, but I don't care.

WharfRat said:
From TOS:

Yours is 400x400 and 42KB... want to resize it now? or shall I take away your signature privileges permanently?

Whatever, I'll change it just for you. The issue isn't the signature because that's ridiculous to argue about, the point is how terribly the mod who banned me is dealing with members. Maybe it was just a bad day for whoever that may be, what can you do. But uh, talk to your staff(no offense to WildBill)..

Wildbill3 said:
Yeah, you know how things work around here, we don't always have time to catch everything, but your sig (that one) is 93K. I'm sure DM or one of the guys mentioned in my sig could help you with it. (I don't mind a little over 40K personally, as I am a little over myself, but there isn't that much leeway.)

And no, that quote wasn't to me...so, I wasn't warned before whoever decided to get power happy.

Muck said:
According to our records, the sig size went from 136K to 118K to 105K.

If you download at 7K/sec, it takes 19.5 seconds to download a non-cached 136K image.

It's not your responsibility to set site policy. Your responsibility is to comply with it.

Actually, all you have to do is right-click on an image and select Properties to see its size. If you're using Firefox, it goes ahead and translates it to kilobytes for you.

^I think that's a more responsible, respectful way to deal with members and situations. You don't have to act like just because you're a mod, you're superior to somebody else, because that's not the way it is. If I'm not respected, I'm not gonna respect anybody and there is no reason why I should. I respect Muck because he knows how to deal with members in a respectful manner.

but yeah, this topic is done...

Back
Top Bottom