Attitude and Passion: A look at Dolphins vs the Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attitude and Passion: A look at Dolphins vs the Patriots

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
Offense

I loved the attitude Moreno brings to this offense…he plays with emotion and passion it appears to be rubbing off on his teammates. Wallace on the crossing route trying to run over the safety, Miller running the hardest he has in his short career, the line driving their opponents back…it’s nice to see the team play like that.

Execution wise….this team is going to take a few games to get a rhythm down….as fast as guys are in practice and preseason, they are even more so in the games and the timing (especially in a new offense) is going to take some time. It did improve as the game went on and I only see it getting better as the season progresses.

Offensive line…After last season....
domoreaboutclimatechangeanotherstandingo-1.gif

Defense

I love the trio of “who dat” players at LB stepped up and played a hell of a game. While they did nothing spectacular, they didn’t do anything necessarily boneheaded either and that is what you want out of your backups.

The D-line showed that if you get to Brady and hit him….he plays like ****. They beat on him all game. One thing should get mentioned was the interior guys….while they had no sacks…they got enough penetration to prevent Brady from stepping up into the pocket….much to the happiness of Wakes stat line.

Overall the group played hard and fast. Again, I will mention attitude and how it is infectious…you look at how Cortland came in to back up Wilson after the cheap shot…that what this team needs.

Coaching
Great game plan and halftime adjustment. While it would be easy to single a few coaches, but overall the group did what you want your staff to do…prepare the players and make good adjustments and that it what we saw.

Overall

This is a different team that looks to have bought into the “stronger together” motto….they are finally playing with passion and fire. One writer attributed it to having dogs on the team…good….that “dog” is starting to rub off on the rest of the guys…we wanted a culture change and we are finally getting it. We will get reports on individual performances throughout the week, but one thing was clear…this team played very well as a Team.

I think I mentioned that about Brady before the game. Get to him early with pressures and sacks and he sucks the rest of the game. That's always been the case with him.

I thought Mitchell had an impressive game. Nothing that shows up on the stat sheet but he fired off the ball and collapsed the line frequently from the middle. At times he got double teamed and Starks got the one-on-one and was able to penetrate and the Pats went back and forth on who to double team from what I remember. Again, doesn't show up on the stat sheet but it's pretty big in terms of the defense and allowing the linebackers to make plays and the DEs to get more one-on-one looks.

After the preseason I really wasn't worried about the O-line. John Benton has done a masterful job with this unit and Satele dominated Wilfork which is funny because Wilfork was the reason Satele was traded when Parcells came onboard. 1 sack and 2 QB hits is a far cry from a team that gave up 10 sacks and 14 QB hits to the Pats last season.

Moreno missed about 90% of training camp and only played in one preseason game. I don't think his conditioning is where he'd like it to be especially in the South Florida heat and humidity. It may take him a couple more games to get in better shape...game shape.

I think I mentioned that about Brady before the game. Get to him early with pressures and sacks and he sucks the rest of the game. That's always been the case with him.

I thought Mitchell had an impressive game. Nothing that shows up on the stat sheet but he fired off the ball and collapsed the line frequently from the middle. At times he got double teamed and Starks got the one-on-one and was able to penetrate and the Pats went back and forth on who to double team from what I remember. Again, doesn't show up on the stat sheet but it's pretty big in terms of the defense and allowing the linebackers to make plays and the DEs to get more one-on-one looks.

After the preseason I really wasn't worried about the O-line. John Benton has done a masterful job with this unit and Satele dominated Wilfork which is funny because Wilfork was the reason Satele was traded when Parcells came onboard. 1 sack and 2 QB hits is a far cry from a team that gave up 10 sacks and 14 QB hits to the Pats last season.

Moreno missed about 90% of training camp and only played in one preseason game. I don't think his conditioning is where he'd like it to be especially in the South Florida heat and humidity. It may take him a couple more games to get in better shape...game shape.

I think Moreno's conditioning will come as the season progresses...It will be nice having a player and an offense that can grind at the end of game when they are up...

I think Moreno's conditioning will come as the season progresses...It will be nice having a player and an offense that can grind at the end of game when they are up...

I drafted him on my fantasy team thinking he'll become starter in a few weeks. Had him on my bench. Still beat the guy I was playing by 20 points but I had 73 points on my bench lol. Between Matt Ryan, Knowshon and Greg Olsen. But I had Vernon Davis over Olsen, Brees over Ryan and Forte in over Moreno.

Back
Top Bottom