ATTN Fans: CHILLAX! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN Fans: CHILLAX!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We don't have Miami Dolphins football back for more than 2 weeks and already the whining and complaining on FH is in full effect. Fans are already writing off the season before even the 1st preseason game. This must be an all-time record, even by FH standards.

The amount of griping on this forum and you would think we are fans of the Cincinatti Bengals (who appear to be going all in on the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes, even though they just drafted a guy)

This team HAS been upgraded from last season, no matter how much you want to complain about it.

Upgrades:
  • Booted Dan Henning - Addition by Subtraction
  • Added Speed - Gates / Bush. This offense seriously lacked speed last season. Now we have it at 2 critical positions. This alone should improve the QB play
  • Healthy Defense with New Weapons - Most of our young defensive draft picks were gone for the season by Week 3. Its like getting a whole new draft class in, with a year in the system. This defense will be nasty.
  • Upgraded OL - Solidified the interior with Pouncey and moving Carey inside.

Yes, we need to see Chad Henne improve, but how the heck do we know he can't or hasn't? We can't see that based off a WEEK of practice coming off an offseason with NO OTAs or experience in the system. Give the guy at least a full preseason before you start tar and feathering him please. I don't think fans were even this brutal to previous QBs who actually did worse. Henne was far from good last season, but he also wasn't the worst QB in history. He had some moments. Without Henning, and some actuall weapons around him, maybe he can improve this season. We may never know if the fanbase devours him before he is given a chance.

In fact, the QB thing is perplexing. The Front Office would be getting torched no matter what move they made! When rumors of trading for Orton came up, most were already blasting the FO. And then when the deal fell through, the same people are still blasting them for not making a move. Lose, Lose.

None of this matters though, because the only way for this team to stop this angry mob mentality is to WIN, and WIN FAST.

But in the meantime, take a moment, and reflect on how life was WITHOUT football and the Dolphins all these months. Be thankful you have a half-decent team to watch this year, and enjoy other parts of your life instead of putting all your time and energy into turning FH into a 24/7 whine festival.

RELAX?!?!?! That word means that clearly you are a homer who has no idea about football because the Armageddon is approaching the Dolphins rapidly.

/sarcasm

Go Henne go Dolphins

Disagree on upgraded O-line. Yes we got Pouncey but he's a rookie, and we kicked Carey inside but left a gapping hole at RT...LG is still an issue.

I am anxious to see the first preseason game. Last year the offense was awful in preseason and it carried over into the regular season. I hope to see improvement this year. We need to get off to a fast start in the preseason and build some confidence going into the regular season.

I take your suggestion and will be anxiously awaiting our first game!

Can't wait for August 12! I want to see these whiny millionaires hit each other!!

I'll continue to piss and moan about Sparano/Henne/cornfed linemen, then come that 1st snap of that 1st preseason game, I'll forget it all and and cheer like my life depends on it.

I guess the OP forgot to mention we have good Ol' Brian Daboll. Ya, he screams a +.500 record. Even, dare I say it, playoffs? PLAYOFFS!? Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me?

He also said that the QB would be improved with the addition of Gates....we're talking about Henne here. Dude couldn't shell a mountainside, if you gave him a tank.

I'll be here, living in reality (Population: ME), waiting to welcome everyone in come September 12th around 11:55.

Cliff Notes: Stick head in sand!

Its called "enjoying football" and "enjoying life". Whining about every little bad thing that doesn't go your way doesn't accomplish anything other than sapping your own enjoyment out of something that is meant to be fun and enjoyable.

In addition, it is my opinion that negativity is infectious and ultimately destructive. When you send out negativity, you get negativity back in return. Booing the tar out of Chad Henne does nothing to improve his play. It offers no solutions. It is not constructive.

We have what we have at the moment and we as fans must support it in hopes it can improve. If he proves that he hasn't, its time to move on. But at this juncture, its still too early. There are several examples of QBs who have turned things around in their career, including Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Vinnie Testaverde, Steve Young and Rich Gannon. I'm not saying Henne will become any of these guys, but at this point, berating the guy and dousing him with negativity accomplishes nothing.

I guess the OP forgot to mention we have good Ol' Brian Daboll. Ya, he screams a +.500 record. Even, dare I say it, playoffs? PLAYOFFS!? Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me?

He also said that the QB would be improved with the addition of Gates....we're talking about Henne here. Dude couldn't shell a mountainside, if you gave him a tank.

I'll be here, living in reality (Population: ME), waiting to welcome everyone in come September 12th and 11:55.

I'm not sure how you can judge what Daboll can do here considering we haven't even seen his offense in action with this group of players... It would seem to me that the more "realistic" approach would be a "wait and see" approach.

I'll continue to piss and moan about Sparano/Henne/cornfed linemen, then come that 1st snap of that 1st preseason game, I'll forget it all and and cheer like my life depends on it.
Yep, that about sums up what I've been doing for the past 10 years or so....but none the less cheering my a$$ off at that first season opener, straight on through- GO FINS!!!

I'm not sure how you can judge what Daboll can do here considering we haven't even seen his offense in action with this group of players... It would seem to me that the more "realistic" approach would be a "wait and see" approach.

I've been hearing that and waiting for the last 5 years.

I won't lie, I would have preferred having Orton at QB right now, but that didn't work out. So now, I must support the development of Chad Henne if I want this season to bring me any enjoyment.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I've been hearing that and waiting for the last 5 years.

Dayboll has been here for 5 years?

Dayboll has been here for 5 years?

.......You know what I mean.

I'll be here, living in reality (Population: ME), waiting to welcome everyone in come September 12th around 11:55.

Well since there's absolutely no chance of getting any better for the rest of this entire career....

Back
Top Bottom