Aubrayo Franklin: With Nolan as our DC to we have a chance? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aubrayo Franklin: With Nolan as our DC to we have a chance?

mnphinfan

Lifelong Fin Fan
Club Member
Reaction score
A few weeks back I posted a thread about possible FA NT's. On the list were Wilfork and Hampton, but the one guy that I really liked as a FA was Aubrayo Franklin from San Fran. Some people thought he would be franchised while other's thought he would sign with the Broncos.

Most thought Franklin would sign with the Broncos because of his close ties with Mike Nolan. It was Nolan who brought Franklin in from Baltimore to be the center piece of his 3-4 defense in San Fran and he has done just that. Recently Patrick Willis was quoted as saying Franklin is the main reason he is able to make so many tackles because of the double teams Franklin demands and that he would hate to see him leave. We have now signed Nolan as our DC. Does this give us the inside track to sign Franklin if he isn't franchised?

What I am wondering is who would you rather have, Frankling, Hampton, or Wilfork? They all have their pluses and minuses and have recently had at least some interest in leaving their current team so lets debate.

A few weeks back I posted a thread about possible FA NT's. On the list were Wilfork and Hampton, but the one guy that I really liked as a FA was Aubrayo Franklin from San Fran. Some people thought he would be franchised while other's thought he would sign with the Broncos.

Most thought Franklin would sign with the Broncos because of his close ties with Mike Nolan. It was Nolan who brought Franklin in from Baltimore to be the center piece of his 3-4 defense in San Fran and he has done just that. Recently Patrick Willis was quoted as saying Franklin is the main reason he is able to make so many tackles because of the double teams Franklin demands and that he would hate to see him leave. We have now signed Nolan as our DC. Does this give us the inside track to sign Franklin if he isn't franchised?

What I am wondering is who would you rather have, Frankling, Hampton, or Wilfork? They all have their pluses and minuses and have recently had at least some interest in leaving their current team so lets debate.

Never really heard much of him but if Willis is praising him, he must be doing something right. Just based on name I would guess he would come the cheapest of the 3.

There gonna have to give him Haynesworth money, If Im not mistake the franchsie tag gets adjusted by the contract of the highest paid player at the position. They can say whatever they want, but I could see Miami trying to sign him if he is released & he is just the type of FA they love, cause he is not known by many. Will see

I could see him reaching free agency, and personally I would love to see him here. I don't know that he'll get franchised due to the high price tag, but I think he's a good fit here. If I could rank the 3 potential NT free agents, they would go as so:

1) Wilfork
2) Franklin
3) Hampton

That's if they all costed the same. Wilfork will cost a ton, so for this team, Franklin should be the most realistic target.

Franklin would be an awesome FA pickup, but I'm pretty sure Singletary won't let that happen. He of all people knows how important the nose is.

They may be saying he will be tagged just to scare him and his agent to sign a contract cuz no one likes the Tag but you never know, TB tagged Bryant and went 2 and 14 or some crap like that lmao. Stupids FO do stupid things.

There gonna have to give him Haynesworth money, If Im not mistake the franchsie tag gets adjusted by the contract of the highest paid player at the position. They can say whatever they want, but I could see Miami trying to sign him if he is released & he is just the type of FA they love, cause he is not known by many. Will see

I believe its the average of the top 5 payed players at that position.

The 49ers do have a good back up to Franklin, Isaac Sopoaga (the strongest man in the NFL).

Still, they would be crazy to let him go.

The 49ers do have a good back up to Franklin, Isaac Sopoaga (the strongest man in the NFL).

Still, they would be crazy to let him go.

That's wild they have the strongest man in the league. Was this based off his combine or what competition? My first prediction would definitely be Albert Haynesworth as the strongest..

Who would I rather have? Easy V.Wilfork, he's the best in the NFL, has championship experience, he is younger and he weakens a foe we play twice a year. I would love to have Franklin he's a top five NT but there's absolutely no way they allow him to walk.

The only problem is Hampton and Pickett maybe the only real good NT's available out there. Having so few available in a free market drives the price up so that complicates matters even more.

Our best solution maybe to re-sign Fergy for one more year and hope a late round pick developes enough to rotate with Solai in 2011 after a year of learning.

as much as i would love wilfork, i think the patsies will tag him, or have they tagged him before?, franklin is a slim chance, but i do see some of nolan's former players on the defensive side coming over, who?, we will see when fa begins

Back
Top Bottom