August 14...QB Starter Named | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

August 14...QB Starter Named

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's after their 2nd preseason game, thats my prediction for when a starting QB will be named, your thoughts?

I hope it before that. I think the starter needs as many reps with the 1st team as he can get.

I think Saban is going to hold back and not announce the starter until right before opening day. It would go along with his philosiphy to keep things close to the chest so as not to give the opposing team any information. Just my opinion.

ScrepsMJ said:
It's after their 2nd preseason game, thats my prediction for when a starting QB will be named, your thoughts?

I think that's realistic.

It depends, if a Qb comes out and lights it up the first 2 preseason games, and the other one looks awful. I think it'll happen after the 3rd preseason game.

ScrepsMJ said:

Yea, but what time?

Kenny_Stang said:
I think Saban is going to hold back and not announce the starter until right before opening day. It would go along with his philosiphy to keep things close to the chest so as not to give the opposing team any information. Just my opinion.

As far as public info goes, I think you're correct.

SirDrums said:
I hope it before that. I think the starter needs as many reps with the 1st team as he can get.

me too, i think thats been the rpoblem the last couple of years, we've been so up in the air about the qb situation that the qb that ends up being the starter hastn had enough reps with the starting team

FinsAreLife said:
me too, i think thats been the rpoblem the last couple of years, we've been so up in the air about the qb situation that the qb that ends up being the starter hastn had enough reps with the starting team

very very true, but also if you make a decision to early, you may not be making the correct one, you need time also as a coach to evaulate your best option.

ScrepsMJ said:
Since we have 5 preseason games this year i think we will no by game 4.I feel 2 games is to soon.

ScrepsMJ said:
very very true, but also if you make a decision to early, you may not be making the correct one, you need time also as a coach to evaulate your best option.

i agree, thats why for a qb situation like this after training camp is to early to decide soemthing like this, i would think after the first or second preseason game would be rright, i have a feeling it may be a little longer though

Back
Top Bottom