August 21st camp updates. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

August 21st camp updates.

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
We seem to have a lot of injuries.

I thought I'd start with Omar's theme today...might be kind of funny.

Omar Kelly@OmarKellyToday I'm studying about forgiveness. I'm dealing with some personal issues, & most Dolphins fans struggle with that too.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Forgiveness will be our theme of the week. I'll start. I forgive the Dolphins for not drafting a QB in the first round since 1983. Now you?

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly I forgive the Dolphins for drafting John Jerry over Jimmy Graham, thinking he'd last till the 4th round.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @MiaSportsEntnLA: I forgive the Dolphins for NOT drafting a wide receiver in the first 3 rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft» good start.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
At the time I didn't think a third team TE was as important as a No. 3 or No. 4 WR, but maybe Michael Egnew blossoms. But stick to the board

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
To explain the Michael Egnew pick, I was told his draft grade was higher than the grade of the WRs on the board. We'll see.Its too early now

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @SeanHewett: I forgive Ted Ginn's family for being drafted by Cam Cameron» hasn't done anything since leaving so it should ease the pain

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @noahsadork: I forgive the Dolphins for wasting one of the best Defenses ever put together from 98-03 with mediocre offenses» 2nded

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @KevinSmythe95: I forgive Dave Wannstedt for wasting some talented teams..man that felt good!»I often wonder what he could do differently

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @nightdemonx21: Only thing I can't forgive is Saban» if we're going to forgive we can't be selective. Let it go. He dumped Phins. It's OK

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @jaynesj13: Could Josh Samuda play guard?» His natural position is guard, but moving him NOW might stifle his development.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @thedraluck: I want to forgive Sparano for not being able to put together an O-line - not sure I'm a big enough man» just release it

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @dhicks00: I forgive the fins for drafting Misi over D. Jackson» that was actually Phillip Merling, but I get the point.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @dhicks00: I forgive Parcells for having an outdated blueprint» that one is a hard one for me, but I release it.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @757gooch: I forgive the Dolfans for not giving Jeff Ireland a real chance» WHAT? How many GM's get to pick 3 QBs early? Not many.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @midweight152: I forgive myself for buying a chad henne jersey 2 yrs ago» I'm certain you were warned.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
RT @sween72: I forgive Ireland and Parcells for taking Patrick Turner over Mike Wallace» Ouch. I didn't even know that. You sure same draft

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
The Miami Dolphins are in full pads today. Maybe we'll see some hitting.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Artis Hicks is not at practice right now. He missed a few days last week.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
John Jerry continues his work as the first team right guard

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Mr. Kevin Burnett is practicing and serving as the team's middle linebacker today

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Karlos Dansby, the Dolphins' starting middle linebacker, continues to be sidelined by his knee issues.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Brian Hartline continues his rehab assignment for his strained left calf. I doubt he'll play at all this exhibition season.

If we weren't so freakin desprate at WR I don't know that I would keep Hartline. This whole situation is strikingly similar to Matt Roth to me.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
My bad, Austin Spitler is working as the middle linebacker. Mr. Kevin Burnett is just making the line calls.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Cameron Collins is working as the inside linebacker on the second unit. He's paired with Jason Trusnik and Gary Guyton.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
DT Tony McDaniel continues to sit out practice. His right leg is in a compression sleeve.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
I find it interesting that Jeff Fuller is working with the starting receiver. Maybe this is a specific drill.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Maybe Roberto Wallace was late because he's replaced Jeff Fuller as the starting flanker.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Jeron Mastrud just scored his second TD in goal line work and the offense yells "Struuuud." He's VERY popular.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Dan Carpenter just missed a 37-yard field goal.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
WR Julius Pruitt has a compression sleeve on his left leg.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Jorvorskie Lane has pretty good hands. Nobody has risen further up the depth chart that that former camp body turned starter.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Julius Pruitt is doing special teams work. Not sure he's working as a receiver though.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Clyde Gates is getting a lot of work with the second team offense. I'm guessing this might be Gates' last stand. Want on 53, earn it.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Eric Steinbach is not working again today. I'm going to move him into the camp body pile. No surprise a 10-year vet is battling injuries

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
First team action and roberto Wallace gets the first pass. Sean Smith knocks it down

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Austin Spitler and Jason Trusnik are the linebackers paired with Mr. Kevin Burnett

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Tannehill just completed an 8-yard pass to Bess that gives him a 4th and 2

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Daniel Thomas just gained the final 2 yards to convert the first down. Then Paul Soliai blow up a Thomas run in the backfield

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Jeff Fuller comes in as Tannehill's 3rd receiver on a third down. Tannehill throws a checkdown. Field goal time

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Dan Carpenter kicks a 38-yard field goal

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Nolan Carroll, Jonathan Wade, Tyrone Culver and Jimmy Wilson are the second team secondary

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Nolan Carroll gets flagged for pass interference on Matt Moore end zone pass to Rishard Matthews

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Ryan Baker is the 2nd team DT paired with Kheeston Randall. Olivier Vernon and Derrick Shelby are the ends

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Matt Moore just threw a quick 2-yard TD pass to Michael Egnew. Lamar Miller came out of backfield and defense had a breakdown

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Cornerback Kevyn Scott is working with the rehab crew

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Richard Marshall just pulled in a one handed interception during one-on-one drill. He then punted the ball. Boss play!

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Trenton Hughes just jumped a Matt Moore route during goal line 1-on-1s. They are creating competitive periods today

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Sean Smith just supermaned a Ryan Tannehill pass to Marlon Moore, pulling down a high ball for an interception.Then he started talking smack

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Olivier Vernon just stopped a Reggie Bush run for a loss. It's 11-on-11, first team vs. 2nd team

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Sean Smith picks off Matt Moore AGAIN. He's gonna be talking today

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
If Sean Smith played on Sunday like he practices most days he'd be a Pro Bowler

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Reggie Bush finally has a respectable run to the right side of the Dolphins O-line

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Jeff Fuller just caught a respectable 25-yard pass, toe tapping the sidelines on Sean Smith

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Jared Odrick just blew up a Lamar Miller run in the backfield

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Jamaal Westerman just stuffed a run for a loss

Doesn't sound like the ZBS is working worth a crap.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly Ryan Tannehill looked very good today. You'd swear he's a vet the way he handles the offense he already knows.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
The amount of red zone and goal line success the offense had today increases my concern

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
"I'm doing my job....I was disappointed. As a leader of the team you want to be back there with the guys," Matt Moore said.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly"He came in the huddle and never hesitated," Jake Long said about Ryan Tannehill's composure

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Dansby's injury is not to seriouse. We really need him healthy.

God this pains me to say but Omars forgiveness made me Lol!

there's omar with his "would be a pro bowler" garbage again...:rolleyes2:

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly
Richard Marshall just pulled in a one handed interception during one-on-one drill. He then punted the ball. Boss play!

Love it.............

I think odrick is going to have a breakout year. I the guy stays healthy he's a monster

o02dt-1.jpg

Is omar the only one there today?
No I saw some other tweets but didn't have time to put them all together.

Added a few more tweets from Omar including some high praise for Tannehill...a rare thing for Omar.

I forgive Omar for suggesting that Parcells tryout Wil.I.Am for punt returner.

I think odrick is going to have a breakout year. I the guy stays healthy he's a monster

I've steadily disagreed with that and what I've seen in preseason has only made me more pessimistic. But I hope you're right nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom