Austin Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson

He has played quite well this season and he's had some good players lining up across from him. I think the light has come on and he is in great shape. We just might have a solid starter here!

The criticism was warranted. Finally playing well in a contract year doesn’t erase all the bad play the previous years. There was a reason the team didn’t pick up his 5th year option.
What about the injuries? Maybe just maybe he was never fully healthy? Jackson played only three games in 2022 due to ankle issues and was on injured reserve twice.

"Jackson hurt his ankle in the team's season opener and was placed on injured reserve. He returned in late November but sustained another injury in his first game back. The team placed him on IR again two weeks later, which forced him to sit out the remainder of the season."

And....now he will be a free agent after this year and too expensive for us to keep.

Where is Cat and Paul on Finside who told me I was a moron for saying stick with AJ?

They stated when he was drafted that he was young and it would take time for him to develop. It probably took longer than they wanted but injuries in his rookie season and last year prevented him from continuing his development.

Also having some questionable coaching from the past OL coaches certainly didn’t help him or the other offensive linemen. Now with better coaching and remaining healthy, the light appears to have come on and he is finally playing at the level we hoped he would when they drafted him.

And....now he will be a free agent after this year and too expensive for us to keep.

We cannot let our talent depart, I doubt AJ will be ultra-elite by the end of the year.

However, I believe he will continue to be an ascending player over the next couple of years as he was so young when drafted.

Back
Top Bottom