Authorities: Darren Sharper arrested on charge of rape | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Authorities: Darren Sharper arrested on charge of rape

Fins_of_Fury

In a contract year
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ies-darren-sharper-arrested-on-charge-of-rape

Police arrested former NFL defensive back Darren Sharper on Friday in Los Angeles and charged him with rape, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Sharper has been linked to two sexual assaults that occurred in the west Los Angeles area, police said Saturday. Investigators believe the assaults happened in October 2013 and January 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the charges are dropped what are the chances the internet warriors still call him a rapist like they still do to Winston, Kobe, Roethlisberger? I'll say 99% chance.

If the charges are dropped what are the chances the internet warriors still call him a rapist like they still do to Winston, Kobe, Roethlisberger? I'll say 99% chance.
You pretty much can't recover from even the accusation of rape, character-wise. It's simply a stain that will be with you forever,
and nobody will even remember the accuser's name. Not fair, but that's the way it is. They are still letting people out of prison
that were falsely accused, wrongfully prosecuted, etc. Working in a prison really opens your eyes to what prison is, and even
under the best of circumstances it's nothing nice.. Once you've sent a man to prison you've taken something from him that he
can never, ever recover. That's why I changed my view on the death penalty. When I can be 100% convinced, without any possibility
of error, that a person has committed a crime that warrants being executed, I'll be in favor of the death penalty again.

Of course, that will be about the time that the same government I once trusted to tell me who
deserved to die or not for crimes they were accused of can even do such a task as manage
my money that they take from me in a responsible manner. Which will be never.

You pretty much can't recover from even the accusation of rape, character-wise. It's simply a stain that will be with you forever,
and nobody will even remember the accuser's name. Not fair, but that's the way it is. They are still letting people out of prison
that were falsely accused, wrongfully prosecuted, etc. .

A modest proposal -- in the Swiftian tradition -- would be to bring back the Roman practice of imposing the same sentence of a lying accuser as what would have been imposed on the accused. For example, Tawana Brawley's false accusations would have resulted in a sentence of 20 years on the accused. That's what she would have gotten after it turned out she was lying.

Of course the Romans were a bit more severe in that the false accuser could be clubbed to death. Oh how humanity has evolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6a00d83451b26169e20120a6367739970bpi-1.jpg

A modest proposal -- in the Swiftian tradition -- would be to bring back the Roman practice of imposing the same sentence of a lying accuser as what would have been imposed on the accused. For example, Tawana Brawley's false accusations would have resulted in a sentence of 20 years on the accused. That's what she would have gotten after it turned out she was lying.

Of course the Romans were a bit more severe in that the false accuser could be clubbed to death. Oh how humanity has evolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have any issue with the sentencing process being the same. There is obviously a difference
in a mistake made in good faith, and an outright lie or malicious prosecution. Agents of the state
should be held to a higher standard if anything.

Back
Top Bottom