Available QB Options Article: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Available QB Options Article:

I say dump Fedler/Griese and shoot for Brunnel/Rivers.

Now that is a winning combination. I bet you can have both for less than Griese/Fiedler will cost us this year.

Yep buddy.

this will be a very interesting scenario to play out over the next few months since #1 we need to sign a Vet. QB after we cut Jay and Brian; unless we re-neg w/one of them. I w/b shocked if we did not have a new starting QB before the draft, i.e. I cannot see going into the draft that Sage (a RFA himself) will be our only QB. So saying we follow what lots of us want and get Brunnell will the new GM overrule Wanne and take Rivers at #20 if he is there or whomever if the #3 QB when all is said and done on the draft ??? :hmmm: you know Wanne will want to go LB to replace Seau and Greenwood (RFA) or something ;)

I don't see a big enough difference between Brunell and Griese to justify playing musical chairs with qb's.
They have similar lifetime stats and similar smarts. Wth Miami's o-line this year and D. Thompson to throw to his destiny would have been the same.

brunell has the stronger arm and likely comes at a cheaper price than the 6 mil we will owe to griese if we dont cut him, plus hes lefty, so wade smith wouldnt be the blind side

Griese is in a position to have that re-negociated if he wants to stay. After his showing (albeit not entirely his fault) there will not be teams lining up to pay him that money.
Wade is the best of the bunch and with a bit more experience and bulk he'll be ok.
These days I wouldn't take strength (if you mean strength as in long ball as opposed to the fastball) over accuracy and even more important a quick release which Brian has.

suit yourself, i think brunell is fairly accurate in comparison to griese and his deep ball is much better and we need to be able to throw the ball downfield otherwise teams can continue to play the short pass while stacking the run. Also, brunells veteran leadership in the huddle would be nice, griese didnt seem to be much of a leader

I think Phil Rivers may be the guy we really go after. Keep a close watch on him during the college all star games and the combine. If he works with a coach and shows a better throwing motion while still looking impressive he could do a little leapfrogging.

Every year it seems someone at the combine shows some superb armstrength that has their stock soaring. Last season it was Kyle Boller.

Also Remember, Brunell didn't really loose his starting job. It was given to a rookie. They are looking into the future, kind of what we should be doing, but I wouldn't feel confortable starting a rookie.

Lets just clone Marino.... and gene spice some mobility into those legs... and we got a winner for years and years and years and....

QB and WR

Why is there so much trouble between Oronde Gadsden and the dolphins? He has won some games that dolphins should have lost with some unthinkable catches. He may have had some injuries but I believe he is one of the best WR out if you give the playing time. If the dolphins get a better QB He will show you what I am talking about. Just throw him the ****ball. :)

Back
Top Bottom