Available QB Options Article: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Available QB Options Article:

Originally posted by musphinzfan

Without a DOUBT!!!...I hear more Noise out of my 4 year and 2 of her Friends over!!!

thank u very little musphin! facts are great arent they? the only thing is you have to have a brain to remember that stuff when you need it.:D not that i have a great brain or anything....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by finfan54

REally? we can afford Brunell? you know how many teams will want him? that means he has a market. that means his price will be high. he is a proven starter with success. that means he will be looking for at least 4+mil/yr. We cant afford him. And if we did sign him, we couldnt afford anyone else. so you either build for the future or you go with a guy who has bad knees and will cost who is 32. that to me, is not building for the future. and nother thing to consider, do you think Brunell will want to come in here at his age and go with a young Oline? Me thinks not. Me thinks he will go somewhere like Dallas instead.

Where do I begin?

First, about affording him......Fiedler makes more than what Brunnel will ever get this off-season....for that matter....Griese makes more also...........

Second, Brunnel has never had a knee injury.........what are you talking about?

Third, They are talking about an extension for Quincy Carter in Dallas.....he will be back next year........

And last, Brunnel has said that he wants to play here, so that answers your last tidbit.......

Where do you get that we can't afford him????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Section126

Where do I begin?

First, about affording him......Fiedler makes more than what Brunnel will ever get this off-season....for that matter....Griese makes more also...........

Second, Brunnel has never had a knee injury.........what are you talking about?

Third, They are talking about an extension for Quincy Carter in Dallas.....he will be back next year........

And last, Brunnel has said that he wants to play here, so that answers your last tidbit.......

Where do you get that we can't afford him????

Look, ill give you all that you state above sec126, but wait until Brunells agent come out with a price before you say we can afford him. And i dont want JF if he does not restructure or if Kitna wants the same as Brunell. all things being equal, ill take brunell. im not dead set against Brunell, but with all the changes that will happen and us most assuredly drafting a QB with wolf possibly in the picture, i can see us going rook for the future more than anything. I say just wait for the reality of the market to hit first i guess.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

How the hell did that happen? guess i clicked it twice ur sumthin.

oh i see what happend. stop putting facces down so low sec126!;)

Brunnel as the starter for two years with the rook waiting in the wings.......

As for the money.......He is looking for less than what Fiedler is making now.......For that matter Griese money is about right also.....(3.5 mil a year)

He is as good as a Dolphin if we just offer him a contract.......

BTW, you know who drafted Brunnel?.................Ron Wolf.

I want Gus Frerotte.

Gus Frerotte

QB, Minnesota Vikings
Vitals:
Height: 6-2 / Weight: 228
In League: 11 Yrs
College: Tulsa
Contract Expires: 2004

CONTRACT DETAILS
The Vikings signed Frerotte to a two-year contract on March 19, 2003. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported the deal to be worth $1.8 million.

2003 Ranking
Ranks 1st in Passer Rating (118.1)

Last edited by a moderator:
DRAFTING QBs IS RISKY

Citing that article, here's why Miami may go somewhere OTHER than QB with that first round pick:

Ensconsed starting NFL QBs drafted after the 1st round:

Favre
Delhomme
M. Hasselbeck
Garcia
Brad Johnson
McCown
Brady
Wright
Kitna
Brooks
Bulger
Holcomb
T. Green

To say nothing of all those first-round busts.

Some iffy guys there, but generally some very successful quarterbacks. Miami is hardly any more likely to find a starting QB in round one than rounds 3+.

Today's Rothliesberger could be tomorrow's Ryan Leaf.
Today's Ryan Didwiddie could be tomorrow's Tom Brady.

:billsbite

Griese would be a better choice than any of those 10 NFLer's listed. It amazes me how people can slam Griese so hard after 3 games with the o-line playing as bad as it was & horrible playcalling. As a starter on Denver he produced & made the Pro Bowl. But after 3 games in this current situation he rates below Anthiny Wright? Are you kidding me?

I seem to remember an article back in like October last year that Brunell said he wanted to be the starter in Miami. Lemme look around.... I may still have something ... Be Right Back.

I would love to have Phillip Rivers in a Dolphins uniform next season. Eli would be great also, but we'd probably have to give up a lot to get him

Re: DRAFTING QBs IS RISKY

Originally posted by Buffalo Sucks
Citing that article, here's why Miami may go somewhere OTHER than QB with that first round pick:

Ensconsed starting NFL QBs drafted after the 1st round:

Favre
Delhomme
M. Hasselbeck
Garcia
Brad Johnson
McCown
Brady
Wright
Kitna
Brooks
Bulger
Holcomb
T. Green

To say nothing of all those first-round busts.

Some iffy guys there, but generally some very successful quarterbacks. Miami is hardly any more likely to find a starting QB in round one than rounds 3+.

Today's Rothliesberger could be tomorrow's Ryan Leaf.
Today's Ryan Didwiddie could be tomorrow's Tom Brady.

:billsbite

It sounds funny but I agree with BS. I found this article which in general terms explains BS statements above.

Drafting QB can be Crapshoot

Like the article states

"At the quarterback position, you have some other factors that don't show up on tape, like intelligence. But guys are really assessed on how strong their arm is, what their 40 time is and how they throw. You know, you don't have to be able to throw the ball 70 yards in the air to be able to be a great NFL quarterback. But if a guy's got a cannon, you see a lot of them drafted in the higher rounds because it's something you can measure. This guy's 6-5, he's got a cannon for an arm . . ."

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
To me if you are going to go after a QB in the draft Brunell would be a good choice to groom a young QB? He is smart been there done that knows how to win dont make many mistakes and knows how to escape big problems on the field? But also you could go after Garcia he is injury prone about same as Fiedler but he is a better QB he is a nice person and I believe a young QB could learn from him. I Know Gannon is old an he was injured this year but the dolphins only wants a QB for a couple of years. That would long enough to groom a young QB. I believe he is still good if he dont get injured but that would be a chance we could not take. He would want to much money anyway. Crazy thing to say or think just trying to find different ideas. Gus Ferotte would'nt be bad but he is so inconsistant. He seems to be pretty good with the Vikings and a high powered offense.

Back
Top Bottom