Available QBs in free agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Available QBs in free agency

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know alot of people really think we should and want to draft our own QB this year and i have no issues with doing that but if we dont go that route and draft one who do we pick up in free agency?

I dont think trading for Kolb or Palmer would be a good move for us. Kolb is severely overhyped for someone who hasnt proven anything and Palmer has never been the same since he got injured a few years back. I would do the Orton trade if it was at the right price but even that im not particularly sold on. If we do wind up making a trade for a QB, Orton would be the one that id be okay with tho. I feel like hes proven that he can play(unlike Kolb) and is still relatively young (27? 28?).

now heres a list of Free Agents who will be available in 2011

Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)
Seneca Wallace (CLE)
Matt Moore (CAR)
Alex Smith (SF)
Matt Lienart (HOU)
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

:ponder:

If we dont draft a QB or trade for one and we lose both Pennington AND Thigpen which guys would you like off this list to come to Miami to compete with Henne for the starting job? We also have Brandstater on the PS who will probably get a chance to compete but i dont expect him to really make a strong push to be the starter, but who knows?

I wouldn't mind Dennis Dixon coming in to compete... Certainly over Thigpen.

unfortunately neither of them strike me as a franchise QB. However, a few strike me as a good "rental". Matt Hasselbeck, Jim Sorgi (learned under Manning), Caleb Hanie (played well against GB), Kellen Clemens, Drew Stanton. Honestly id even give Leinart or Smith a try since they were 1st round picks.

But I think a healthy Pennington is better than all of them. Im happy to go into camp with a healthy Pennington, Henne and Thigpen.

unfortunately neither of them strike me as a franchise QB. However, a few strike me as a good "rental". Matt Hasselbeck, Jim Sorgi (learned under Manning), Caleb Hanie (played well against GB), Kellen Clemens, Drew Stanton. Honestly id even give Leinart or Smith a try since they were 1st round picks.

But I think a healthy Pennington is better than all of them. Im happy to go into camp with a healthy Pennington, Henne and Thigpen.

Penny's best years are behind him. Why people continue to hope his band aid pop tart arm is worth a roster spot is beyond me. In 08 the WC was born due to a stagnant offense. Leading a 23rd ranked offense in 08 against cupcakes doesn't equal success in 2011.

Time move forward and send Penny packing.

As for a possible FA, Dixon (PITT).

Out of those on the list I think the best options would be Hasselbeck and Alex Smith. Anyone else wouldn't do that much for this team.

Back
Top Bottom