WR 25.38
Oline 25.45
DE 28.50
DT 28.29
LB 25.86
DB's 25.64
K-P 27.67

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
But we got a nice and young Offensive line....Thats pretty nice.

yuh and it's going to become a nasty 1 I hope!!!

and we are getting youger with the draft coming!!!

Here's a more in-depth breakdown i did last month...

Generally the fins are a young team in all regards except Defensive line.

hdjetta6316 said:
Here's a more in-depth breakdown i did last month...

Generally the fins are a young team in all regards except Defensive line.

where is it

What's great about this kind of analysis is the fact that you know Nick Saban takes a look at it all the time. He definitely has average age and average size targets on a position by position basis to make sure his team always approximates the team he'd ideally like to field.

duss12 said:
Dolphins old?

Our D-line is old...

look at this:

QB's 26.33
RB 26.50
TE 25.00
WR 25.38
Oline 25.45
DE 28.50
DT 28.29
LB 25.86
DB's 25.64
K-P 27.67

Wouldn't be to concerned. Only 4 DL have long-term contracts: Roth, Wright, Carter, & Taylor. Rest are all in last year of contracts in 2006. Saban will get younger on defense when he's able to find the talent. Until then using short-term veterans on 1-2 year contracts.

I think Saban may have targeted our DL to have the highest average age. Veterans are much quicker to fit into the stunting style that we play than young guys. We don't get 49 sacks because we have 4 guys along the DL that deserve to be in the pro bowl, we get 49 sacks because our DL plays a timing-based stunting style to where these veteran pass rushers are most effective once they've gotten use to each other. You hear Carter and Holliday talk about it, and they say that when they really started to unlock the pass rush was when Carter and Bowens got use to each other's timing, and Holliday and Taylor got use to each other's timing. Of course, Holliday jokes that really it's more him getting use to JT, because JT does whatever the heck he wants lol.

i can actually see us getting younger when wanny was in charge i just couldnt even tell you what the hell was goin on

Back
Top Bottom