Average points against in 2005 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Average points against in 2005

vegasphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you think will be the average score against the dolphins in 2005.

With our new defensive weapons to an already amazing group of guys..

I say 7.5 - 8.5!

thats too low... I have some concerns about our secondary. We have lost 3 of the 4 starters, although Poole and Tebucky inspire me with some confidence.

I think it'll be in the 13-15 range.

14-16 range. My concern is in points scored. at one point last season, the team with the lowest average points against was still higher than the avg points we scored in a game.

In that case you can be a millionaire by January. The unders will be a cinch. You can bet the game under, the first half under and the second half under. Miami and under parlay will hit at least half the time, at 13/5 payoff. We will soar over the season win total, which will be 6 or 6 1/2. Me, I'll be struggling to survive the 11/10 juice. You do realize one 24 point fluke means we need two straight shutouts to balance?

Is this prediction night? There could be a Predictions forum moderated by Miss Cleo.

Yeah we're only going to give up a 120 points at 7.5 per game. The Baltimore Ravens hold the record for least points given up in a season...and that was 165. 10.3 points per game and that D was absolutely amazing. I'd say 16 -17 sounds about right. Miracles don't happen that quickly...

Gonzo said:
Is this prediction night? There could be a Predictions forum moderated by Miss Cleo.

Seriously, I mean, we haven't even started the rookie camp and everyone is on to the season. Just wait it out and see what happens.

For the first year I say 18-19. Mainly because I think it will take a few games for the players to pick up the new scheme. Thus, the average will be a bit higher than it should.

I say 10 points is what we average giving up, we will get tons of sacks and when we don't get sacks we get pressure on the QB and force the bad throw and maybe INT it

Well if you just look at last year the defense gave up 284 points.... our offense gave up 70 points (8-INT's for TD's and 2-Fumbles for TD's) for 354 total...

We scored 261 from offense and 14 from defense 275 total....

I posted yesterday (Thisclose) our opponents only scored 3 more TD's and 1 more FG than we did.....

If our D just matches last year and the offense does not give up the INT's for TD's somewhere in the 18-20 point range per game makes sense....

finsnchips said:
thats too low... I have some concerns about our secondary. We have lost 3 of the 4 starters, although Poole and Tebucky inspire me with some confidence.

I think it'll be in the 13-15 range.

It's a little more serious than that which is why I'd grade the Phins out at 7 wins. You have 3 starters who are coming off of season ending injuries. Plus, the team has lost 5 other starters, including 2 of the top 3 tacklers, for a variety of reasons. You are running a new defense, one which may not suit the players currently on the roster. Age, the Dolphins will have the majority of their starting defense over the age of 30.

Assuming the Dolphins stay healthy and get solid contribution from their young defenders they should compete for a playoff spot. But that's a huge assumption to a make when talking about the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom