AVG Appreciation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG Appreciation

Dthrill_08

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hear me out, AVG was promising on the defensive side and I actually saw a few occasions where he was being held. It's no secret that we are missing Phillips but I strongly believe that AVG has been playing harder than Phillips. When Jaelen returns, where to we mix in AVG? Surely, he needs playing time but with Chubb on one side and Phillips on the other, how can this be done. Can either play ILB?

Playing him out of position at ILB in week 1 over David Long was a huge mistake on Fangio’s part. It was a really bad experiment. He needs to stay right where he’s at but when Phillips comes back, I think AVG has earned the chance to at least split reps with Chubb but I understand that’s unlikely all things considered.

Bills actually schemed to stack against Chubb and it worked, which AVG took advantage of and was effective. The only player on the D with a passing grade yesterday, IMO. I don’t think I saw Chubb or Ogbah get anywhere close to Allen all afternoon.

Playing him out of position at ILB in week 1 over David Long was a huge mistake on Fangio’s part. It was a really bad experiment. He needs to stay right where he’s at but when Phillips comes back, I think AVG has earned the chance to at least split reps with Chubb but I understand that’s unlikely all things considered.
Exactly my thoughts. AVG might be our best pass rusher.

Bills actually schemed to stack against Chubb and it worked, which AVG took advantage of and was effective. The only player on the D with a passing grade yesterday, IMO. I don’t think I saw Chubb or Ogbah get anywhere close to Allen all afternoon.
somone posted that Fangio said that he didnt watch film on our guys before he came, that would explain the predictable bad decision to move him off the edge. Some of us were calling it a mistake as soon as he mentioned it.

also allowing Ginkel to shop himself was a GM mistake. not signing him to a multi unit deal was also a mistake.

we all make mistakes.

We have missed JP15's pressures but I really think AVG gets more done.

I would love to see us incorporate both as edge rushers at the same time but tough to transition from one side to the other.

Something I am not aware of is how do either rate against run plays.

Name should not be getting you on the field, when Phillips comes back, either Chubb or Phillips might need to take a backseat to Gink until both prove they should both be out there instead...Even then, you put Gink in the Middle with those two.

somone posted that Fangio said that he didnt watch film on our guys before he came, that would explain the predictable bad decision to move him off the edge. Some of us were calling it a mistake as soon as he mentioned it.

also allowing Ginkel to shop himself was a GM mistake. not signing him to a multi unit deal was also a mistake.

we all make mistakes.
Then last week he mentioned he didn't watch any of the tape from our three games against Buffalo last year...I was like, "umm...really?"

Is he milking the job for that fat payday?

Tired of these draftees that don't sniff the field (EZ,Tindall) Grier needs to get players that play and stop with the shitty off season acquisitions (Chubb, TA)

I’ve asked this question before. Nobody really said anything. I’ve seen people on this board say that AVG is not a 3 down player. My question was why? I admit I’m not a huge X’s and O’s guy especially on defense. But this guy is our best defensive player and it isn’t even close in my eyes. He’s better than Phillips. Yea maybe on other teams he wouldn’t start but on this team he needs to be out there all game.

wish we would have signed the pass rusher from the rams that the bills signed. We need more pass rush. Even last year we had ingram getting pressrue for us at start of the year.

Back
Top Bottom