AVG back at practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG back at practice

danstilldaman

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this posted, merge if needed good to hear though.

I still remember the panic 2 weeks so from his surgery with McDaniel saying it wouldn't impact his season.

Trust McDaniel.

Hadn't seen this posted, merge if needed good to hear though.

Great news....... Oh yeah, The Sun Sentinel blows for blocking content.

Hopefully he takes it easy this week.

That's pretty quick turnaround time on appendix removal.

Looking forward to full strength AVG in 6 days.

Hopefully he takes it easy this week.

That's pretty quick turnaround time on appendix removal.

Looking forward to full strength AVG in 6 days.
Soft tissue repair takes time.
If they were able to access the appendix without cutting too much muscle, we will see him sooner than many expect.

I mean it's nice to get a lucky bounce for a change, hopefully it's a smooth recovery

Two issues with recovery from any surgery for a player are infection and the return of playing strength. Since it wasn't a rupture it was probably laparoscopic so the infection risk should be low. Being back at practice a week early suggests that he's recovering his play strength. IMO we won't miss him much for week 1. I think that even if he were fully healthy that we might be inclined to use Flowers on a higher percentage of his snaps than usual b/c I expect NE to try and run quite a bit. AVG is better overall and as a pass rusher, but Flowers is a bit better against the run.

Two issues with recovery from any surgery for a player are infection and the return of playing strength. Since it wasn't a rupture it was probably laparoscopic so the infection risk should be low. Being back at practice a week early suggests that he's recovering his play strength. IMO we won't miss him much for week 1. I think that even if he were fully healthy that we might be inclined to use Flowers on a higher percentage of his snaps than usual b/c I expect NE to try and run quite a bit. AVG is better overall and as a pass rusher, but Flowers is a bit better against the run.
I think that is pretty solid analysis. The Patriots have GOT to try to slow this game down.

Now that’s worthy of a thread. HELL YEA BROTHER!!! Thanks for the update! Great news. 👍 I said he be ready for week one. This does not mean ge will be a go but….Great news.

I 100% expect them to try to bludgeon us with power running. Big game for guys like Raekwon Davis and Elandon Roberts.

Of course, if we can get our fast break going and jump out to a lead, their run game will be moot.

I 100% expect them to try to bludgeon us with power running. Big game for guys like Raekwon Davis and Elandon Roberts.

Of course, if we can get our fast break going and jump out to a lead, their run game will be moot.
Yep. That run game, if effective, is only a good idea until they see themselves down 2-3 touchdowns. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom