Awful AFC East?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awful AFC East?!

mee

Practice Squad
Reaction score
linkage

They were good pass-blockers when they had Dan Marino. For a little while last season, they became pretty fair run-blockers. Now they don't seem to be much of either. And if you know any reason to hope things will change, tell Wannstedt, who is keeping a brave face but has to know deep down that this team is going nowhere fast and if it weren't in the awful AFC East it would be close to a dead stop.

Its funny ... I was talking about this with my brother just yesterday. Going into the season I was beginning to question the strength of the AFC East as "toughest division in the NFL" but this statement is just crazy.

The Awful :rolleyes: AFC East?! Gimme a break!!! The AFC East is still one of the toughest divisions in football.

I would rank the divisions like this:

1. AFC East (maybe I'm a homer)
2. NFC West
3. NFC South
4. AFC South
5. AFC West
6. NFC East
7. NFC North
8. AFC North

The top four are pretty close to each other, and on any given day I could switch them around. But man after number four is there a dropoff or what?!

The NFC east is really pretty weak. The NFC North atleast has the Vikings, and the packers are probably a better team than anyone in the east. I might rank the NFC north over the AFC rest right now. The Vikings and the Chiefs are pretty much a wash. The lions/bears and Raiders/Chargers are pretty much a wash, and I'd say the packers are a little better than the beat up Broncoes. That could change when Denver gets healthier. The Titans and the Colts are really two of the four best teams in the league (Chiefs, Vikings), and as well all know the Texans aren't that bad, so I'd have to rank the AFC south as the best division right now. The Dolphins and the Patriots really aren't playing as well as either of those teams. The texans are probably playing better than the bills right now. The Jets are a big improvment over Jacksonville, but that not enought to pull us up. No team in the NFC south has really looked that good. I'm not a believer in the 49ers or Seahawks, and I just don't know what to think about the Rams after yesterday.
So I'd go
AFC South
AFC East
NFC South
NFC West
NFC North
AFC West
NFC East
AFC North

The last two are the only divisions I would call weak.

You have got to be kidding, you failed me when you put NFC West in 2nd place. That was a joke right?

And the AFC South above the AFC West and the NFC East?? You need to realize why Indy and Tenn have their records: because they play Houston and Jax twice each year! And if Jake Plummer and Rich Gannon were healthy, imagine KC, Denver and Oakland.
For years past, Dallas, Philly, Washington, and NY Giants was always the toughest. Its changed but its still up there.

I do think our division the AFC East is the toughest. If Pennington was heathly, imagine the closeness of all team. But the future toughest division without a doubt is...... the NFC South. Vick, Bucs defense, Carolina defense and rushing, and Saints offense.

You have got to be kidding, you failed me when you put NFC West in 2nd place. That was a joke right?

No, not a joke. I personally think the Rams are one of the top 3-4 teams in the league, especially when Faulk gets back. I would rather play Minn than the Rams.

I think Seattle has a good squad too, I don't think they've played their best football yet. The 49ers are very unpredictable but I think they are one of the best 3rd placed teams in the NFL right now better than the CLE, CHI, OAK, HOU ... probably even w/ BUF and NO. For the reconrd I think theGiants are the best 3rd placed team right now.

But the future toughest division without a doubt is...... the NFC South. Vick, Bucs defense, Carolina defense and rushing, and Saints offense.

I'll second that.

I don't think the AFC East deserves the title of "toughest division in football" at the moment, but they're not near the bottom either. Buffalo is horribly inconsistent and in particular has proven to be a terrible road team over the last year+. The Patriots have been overachievers this year, but hey, they're winning. The Dolphins start strong and fade late until proven otherwise. The Jets are pretty bad right now, but there are worse teams in the league.

Back
Top Bottom